Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can't sleep!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I have to be up in four hours to get the kids up and drop my oldest off at school, I've been laying in bed for 3 hours now trying to fall asleep.. but everytime i close my eyes and start to get closer i start feeling kind of panic-y amd paranoid... idk how else to explain it :/ dh hasn't been home since very very early saturday (i.stayed up all night friday with him) and last night i slept on the couch after a lot of struggle with myself and using the tv to fall asleep. but the baby monitor died and the babys dowm.stairs, no way id hear him from upstairs if i went to sleep on the couch :/ I'm exhausted but can't freaking sleep!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:29 AM
I know how you feel.
jordynlee18
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:30 AM
Same here. When I get panicky like that I use my white noise machine, it helps most of the time.
brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:31 AM
I can't either. I have to get up at 5:30 and I have a newborn. I'm so tired but can't fall asleep. Dh works nights. I always sleep like crap when he is gone
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:31 AM
Sorry you can't sleep. I'm exhausted too. I worked 6am-6pm, went home and played with my kids, tried and failed at napping, now I'm working 11pm-7am
Jblb
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:31 AM
I'm up also. One chatty baby and a mind that won't STOP!!
TripleBsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:35 AM
I used to be the same way when husband worked nights in the Marines..it sucks :(
Apgsteenmommy
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:35 AM
Watch tv or read until you pass out. That's what I do. I have bad anxiety at night
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:12 AM

We don't have one :/ normally they annoy me more than anything lol. I should probably get one for the baby though maybe it'd help him...

Quoting jordynlee18: Same here. When I get panicky like that I use my white noise machine, it helps most of the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:51 AM

CM wouldnt load up last night after I posted >.< I ended up not sleeping because if I'm not asleep by 3 or so I don't typically wake up to my alarm  for a while so I just stayed up so DS would get to school on time

Quoting brandie1470: I can't either. I have to get up at 5:30 and I have a newborn. I'm so tired but can't fall asleep. Dh works nights. I always sleep like crap when he is gone

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I'm sorry, I'm lucky in that I don't work but can't nap cause my 2 yr old doesn't nap anymore... 

Quoting Anonymous: Sorry you can't sleep. I'm exhausted too. I worked 6am-6pm, went home and played with my kids, tried and failed at napping, now I'm working 11pm-7am

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured