Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I erased my aunt off fb because of her memes. *ETA*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 159 Replies

Last month she posted this:

We are Canadian, you press one for english and two for french because we are bilingual.  She is french *facepalm*

Last week she posted this:

Um, no.  We live in Canada, where there is actually a CHOICE of catholic or public school boards, both are considered public and both are free.  If you want your kid to be christian and have their faith in their curriculum, send them to catholic school.  Kids should get to have an education without someone else's faith being involved.

And then today she posted this:

And I am done.  If someone put up a meme using autism, down's syndrome or cancer as a discripter it would not be ok, but mocking bilpolar is?  Yea, that's just offensive imo.  If it was just that one, I'd ignore it.  It's just really irritating how absolutely stupid she is.  I never realized how naive and daft she is. 

EDIT.

I think it's silly how people on this site think I am going to cause family drama, and then in the next breath say I am over reacting.  Really?  lol, it's just facebook people.  If you don't like seeing something because it annoys you, there is no obligation to keep the person on your facebook.  That's not dramatic in any way, or over reacting.  It is simply removing an annoyance or something you don't want to see.

I am not angry, I am not uptight, I simply don't like what she posts and don't want it on my feed, so it was removed.

I keep getting told over and over, I should have just removed her from the feed.  I really don't see the difference between that and deleting.  I don't speak to this person irl, I don't interact aside from seeing these memes.  Heck, she has 2 kids and I don't even know their names!  

How exactly is it unreasonable to remove someone from your facebook? lol 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:21 AM
5 moms liked this
I'm being punked right? No one would actually delete someone over stupid memes now would they?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:22 AM
I don't find her offensive, I just find her annoying. I think maybe you're just sick of her and looking to be offended by whatever she posts in order to justify not having her on your facebook. Just ignore her and move on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I did.  I got irritated at looking at the ridiculous and simple minded drivel.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm being punked right? No one would actually delete someone over stupid memes now would they?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:23 AM
13 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:23 AM
2 moms liked this
You deleted her for having her views? You are very closed minded.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:23 AM

I'm not sick of her, maybe sick of her posts.  Just annoyed by her stupid posts.  We don't even talk, so why keep her on my feed?

Quoting Anonymous: I don't find her offensive, I just find her annoying. I think maybe you're just sick of her and looking to be offended by whatever she posts in order to justify not having her on your facebook. Just ignore her and move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:24 AM

None of those bother me but you can do what you want to do.  They're annoying maybe, but not delete-worthy IMO.  It's your FB tho so have fun!  

withsecond
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:24 AM

You could have hid her posts too. 

danijean
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I deleted her for having stupid views.  There's a difference.If someone's posts annoy you, why would you keep them on your fb?

Quoting Anonymous: You deleted her for having her views? You are very closed minded.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)