Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i called off my wedding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Dh and i got legally married a few months ago, tiny ceremony, just us and a few friends and his dad. We planned on having a bigger ceremony and reception in the spring, even had a date.
Well after the wedding, i basically told him idk if i still wanted to have the "big" wedding.his best man was being really obnoxious about the bachelor party, i swear trying to get us into a fight, saying he was bringing strippers etc and he's the type of asshole who would. And that was my 1 thing i wasn't comfortable with and i told dh that years ago when we first discussed marriage. That combined with other stress factors and money,I just don't see the point.

He didn't seem to really respond or care about not having the big ceremony now, and it was his idea to begin with. Once, he kind of threw it in my face that I'm the one who called it off, but seriously, if he doesn't care, why bother?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:31 AM

What doesn't he care about? Strippers? Or having another ceremony?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Having another ceremony. He was the one who wanted it in the first place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Bump
ahgahboogie
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

There are so many better things you can do with a big chunk of money.  Years from now, if you have money saved up to buy a new house, you will be SO glad you didn't blow it on a wedding that no one really cared about anyway.  Concentrate on your new life with your new husband.  Don't start your life together with a lot of unnecessary stress.  It isn't worth it.

withsecond
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:50 AM
2 moms liked this

You're already married. I'd just save the money and the stress. 

MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Why not take that money and go on a honeymoon (or 2nd)?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:56 AM
The money for the wedding was supposedly coming from his bachelor party ( even though it was " bigger", it was still going to be extremely small). We never had any honeymoon.

Quoting MommySwiggles: Why not take that money and go on a honeymoon (or 2nd)?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:57 AM
I feel bad because his mother and her side were supposed to come to the big wedding including all our friends but i just don't see the point now.

Quoting ahgahboogie:

There are so many better things you can do with a big chunk of money.  Years from now, if you have money saved up to buy a new house, you will be SO glad you didn't blow it on a wedding that no one really cared about anyway.  Concentrate on your new life with your new husband.  Don't start your life together with a lot of unnecessary stress.  It isn't worth it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:57 AM

sounds like your marriage is off to a great start.   

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
How does a bachelor party generate money?

Quoting Anonymous: The money for the wedding was supposedly coming from his bachelor party ( even though it was " bigger", it was still going to be extremely small). We never had any honeymoon.

Quoting MommySwiggles: Why not take that money and go on a honeymoon (or 2nd)?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)