Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strange child behaviour

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I have a daycare child in my home that recently has been acting strange. To be honest she has always been a little off. I've had her since infancy and she is almost 3 years old now.

She is very sensitive ... which I've seen before. Some kids just are.She is behind for her age and has been tested but nothing showed up according to mom. But she has been ultra sensitive since last week. She is having major melt downs at drop off. She cries all morning and doesn't eat much lunch. After nap time she seems to be a lot better. By pick up she doesn't want to leave....lol.

I asked mom and dad how she is at home. If she is sleeping and eating. She is. Mom told me she has been more " clingy " lately. That's it. This behaviour is not your common clinginess ( is that a word? Lol) She shuts down in the morning and like I said she isn't eating. She inhales her snack in the afternoon. I'm at a loss. After 18 yrs of working with children I'm at a loss with this one. I'm starting to really get concerned

Thanks for reading. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
luvmybug
by Amanda on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:24 AM
No advice, but here's a bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Honestly it kinda seems normal. I mean, I don't know her, but some kids go through the separation anxiety on a higher level than others .. add in that she's 'always been a little off'..

This just might be that, but on a larger scale. I guess keep an eye on her and see if anything is bothering her. Can she communicate? Maybe have her draw? Sometimes you can figure out what they are thinking/going through from the pictures.
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:58 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous: Honestly it kinda seems normal. I mean, I don't know her, but some kids go through the separation anxiety on a higher level than others .. add in that she's 'always been a little off'..

This just might be that, but on a larger scale. I guess keep an eye on her and see if anything is bothering her. Can she communicate? Maybe have her draw? Sometimes you can figure out what they are thinking/going through from the pictures.
mygardenia
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Sounds like she may be having issues at home. Poor baby :(

It also sounds like you are more of the mother if you've had her since infancy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:07 AM
She just scribbles. You ask her anything and she will say yes or not give any answer. Her communication is really behind. She isn't really playing either so I can't figure this out! She mostly just sits or lays down with her favorite bear. I thought maybe she was sick last week but no temp, no pains nothing!

Quoting Anonymous: Honestly it kinda seems normal. I mean, I don't know her, but some kids go through the separation anxiety on a higher level than others .. add in that she's 'always been a little off'..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Maybe its been stressful at home...who knows. But I do know her parents love her very much and they take a lot of time off to spend with her.

Quoting mygardenia:

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I'm glad to hear that. I hope it all works out. 

Quoting Anonymous: Maybe its been stressful at home...who knows. But I do know her parents love her very much and they take a lot of time off to spend with her.

Quoting mygardenia:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured