Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ahhhhhhhhh! Any former smokers? Please help!

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM
  • 100 Replies
It's been 24+ hours since I had a cigarette. I'm 4 months preggo and decided since I didn't have the money to afford it, I might as well cut it. It's so freaking hard though. I was told not to go cold turkey but I really want to kick this habit for the twins. What are some good ways to pass through the cravings? When do the cravings get easier?
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Eat carrot sticks. Chew gum. Hold a pencil or straw between your fingers like a cigarette. Keep busy.

stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I discovered a piece of chalk was similar in size to a cigarette, so I'd hold that between my fingers.

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM
I'm going to try. It's not getting any easier yet but I'm hopeful. Thank you.

Quoting stephiebugg:

Eat carrot sticks. Chew gum. Hold a pencil or straw between your fingers like a cigarette. Keep busy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM
I have heard that some doctors say not to quit to cut down because of the stress it causes the babies. I quit as soon as I found out I was pregnant but being four months along can't you miss carry because you quit so abruptly? I might be wrong ask your doctor.
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly??? Google all the harmful things it does to your baby. It'll get easier I promise. Get preggie pops. They help. Good luck! & congrats!
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Go for walks? Doodle? I am not a smoker but i know smokers who did both when they had a craving.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM
5 moms liked this

I'm 5 mos pregnant and quit right at the start.

Get an e-cig with non-nicoteine cartridge refills.

It will curb both your need for smoke and the terrible oral addiction that comes with quitting.

When your cravings hit HARD, remember they only last 3-7 minutes so have an activity or distractor ready to go when it happens. I would jump up and vacuum or clean until I forgot about it.

It's 3 days and then you should feel the addiction breaking its grip over you.

YOU GOT THIS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Oh for fucks sake.
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:21 AM
I can't afford any. Why keep a habit I can't afford? My babies should be fine. I'd much rather spend the money on the 3 of them.

Quoting Anonymous: I have heard that some doctors say not to quit to cut down because of the stress it causes the babies. I quit as soon as I found out I was pregnant but being four months along can't you miss carry because you quit so abruptly? I might be wrong ask your doctor.
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Google didn't work. I smoked my whole pregnancy with DD. But thank you.

Quoting Nickie76: Honestly??? Google all the harmful things it does to your baby. It'll get easier I promise. Get preggie pops. They help. Good luck! & congrats!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)