Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dealing with negative hubby's

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
It drives me insane. For example, putting on his socks he bitches, putting on his shoes he bitches, carrying a bag through the mall he bitches because it's akward shaped, and oh lord help me when he's driving he points out every stupid driver!
This is just an example of my hubby. I don't know what to do! He doesn't believe me or gets mad if I tell him to stop bitching. It gets me In a crabby mood and I feel like I can never please him.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrueTrophyWife
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:06 PM

He sounds like he is REALLY unhappy.  Not sure if it is just life in general or his marriage or what. 

Lilith.23
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:07 PM
When dh does his bitch fests i call him Isabella.
And i laugh and laugh at him until he gets mad, than feels silly for even bitching.
Lindzlou91
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Damn that would get on my last nerve. What the hell is there to bitch about when putting socks and shoes on?
orchardmoma
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:08 PM

If I were you I would take notes all day on how crappy his attitude is and show it to him later or record how he sounds and have him listen to it. Maybe he just doesn't get the fact that he does it all the time???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:08 PM
My husband was just like that. His mom is that way so it is all he knew. The only thing that helped him was marriage counseling. He is now so Mich more aware of it. Also if he does happen to start getting negative I tell him he sounds like his mom and he stops.

Now his mom drives him crazy, before he never even noticed
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:09 PM
He's unhappy. Have a talk with him asap
J.M.O.
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:09 PM

My xdh was is like that amongst other things. Notice I said ex. That kind of energy/disposition is just so f***ing draining & miserable. I'm so glad I don't have to put up with it any longer!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Why don't you try recording him and them let him listen to why he sounds like.??  At some point, youjust have to say ENOUGH!!   My DH actually had to do that to me one time because I was focusing on everything we didn't have versus what we do have.    Learning to be gracious is a wonderful thing.

lillettemomma
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:10 PM
My df is the same way but on top of that he swears constantly and gets aggravated for no reason out of no where and it can ruin his mood for hours....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:11 PM
That's always what I say. But he gets more upset when I tell him he's unhappy or that he acts like he's unhappy. He says he's so happy being married to me. I don't see it though.

Quoting TrueTrophyWife:

He sounds like he is REALLY unhappy.  Not sure if it is just life in general or his marriage or what. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN