Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dog attack.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Stupid irresponsible pet owners.  We were out walking our dogs.  Another guy was walking his dog off leash, which is illegal in our city.  The dog ran towards our bigger dog and grabbed the back of our dog's neck and wouldn't let go.   He kept shaking his head and thrashing while holding our dog's neck.  I couldn't do anything since I had our other dog and didn't want it to get worse.  The guy froze and didn't help.   My husband finally got the other dog off our dog by kicking it in the ribs and shoving a stick in it's mouth.  At some point he got bit.   We aren't sure by which one, it could have been our dog since he was trying to defend himself.  It's just a small punture wound but still broke the skin.  Thankfully our dog has just a few punture marks and the dog wasn't able to rip his skin open. 

We contacted animal control and found out  his dog is not vaccinated and never has been. I'm not worried about rabies, I'm just pissed at the situation and even more pissed he just stood there while his dog was attacking another dog.

He never apopolized, nothing just stood there.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ricanmami88
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Did they take away his dog what an ass!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Quoting Ricanmami88: Did they take away his dog what an ass!

The dog will be in a 10 day hold, since the bites broke the skin.

Ricanmami88
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:30 PM
They need to remove the dog from his ownership, makes me sick, how people can't take care of their pets. Are you going to sue him?

Quoting Anonymous:

army_5_wife
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:37 PM

I feel your irritation, my dog got attacked yesterday at the freaking dog park and the lady stood their as "her" dog was attacking mine. I kicked it in the face, i couldnt even grab my dog to get her out of the attack she just laid there. Then the damn dog attacked another dog before the dog could even get in the pen. it litteraly rushed the other dog as the gate was opened. come to find out it wasnt even her dog she was just dog sitting. I went to call the mps, because we were on post but she got smart and left. never once checked on anybody elses dog or said sorry. i was livid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Our vet didn't charge up, just cleaned up our dog's injuries, the antibiotic was $7.00

My husband saw his primary doctor but we don't have copayments. So we aren't out any money. 

The guy's fines will be pretty hefty, there is a fine for having him off leash and for the attack. He also has to pay a fee for everyday the dog is being held.  Since my husband was bit, animal control can decide not to release the dog back to the owner. 

I'm not sure what will happen.

Quoting Ricanmami88: They need to remove the dog from his ownership, makes me sick, how people can't take care of their pets. Are you going to sue him?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:43 PM

That is crazy. Glad she left.

Quoting army_5_wife:

I feel your irritation, my dog got attacked yesterday at the freaking dog park and the lady stood their as "her" dog was attacking mine. I kicked it in the face, i couldnt even grab my dog to get her out of the attack she just laid there. Then the damn dog attacked another dog before the dog could even get in the pen. it litteraly rushed the other dog as the gate was opened. come to find out it wasnt even her dog she was just dog sitting. I went to call the mps, because we were on post but she got smart and left. never once checked on anybody elses dog or said sorry. i was livid.

army_5_wife
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:45 PM

not me i ish she would have stayed. because i was ready to get her in tons of trouble. aggressive dogs are not allowed on post so it would have been fun to watch her try to exlain that one not only to the military police but then to her neighbors why their dog was taken away.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is crazy. Glad she left.

Quoting army_5_wife:

Ricanmami88
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Oh ok well glad everyone is ok, that's what he gets hope he stays dogless. Update if ya can

Quoting Anonymous:

Our vet didn't charge up, just cleaned up our dog's injuries, the antibiotic was $7.00

My husband saw his primary doctor but we don't have copayments. So we aren't out any money. 

The guy's fines will be pretty hefty, there is a fine for having him off leash and for the attack. He also has to pay a fee for everyday the dog is being held.  Since my husband was bit, animal control can decide not to release the dog back to the owner. 

I'm not sure what will happen.

Quoting Ricanmami88: They need to remove the dog from his ownership, makes me sick, how people can't take care of their pets. Are you going to sue him?

Quoting Anonymous:

usbornebooksdh
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:33 PM

There are leash laws for a reason. It is to protect the animal on the leash and everyone else. I'm glad that the injuries were not worse for you all. I hope he learned to be more responsible and hopefully in your state they will require training after an attack.

Pamper your pets www.fortailsonly.com/#danielle  IH251 for referral Pamper yourself at www.mycountrygourmethome.com/Danielle

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN