Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Vaginal odor?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
I had a baby recently and I'm still bleeding. I've NEVER had a problem with odor down there...until now. Is it normal for there to be an awful smell with post partum bleeding? I asked a nurse at my OB and she just said " well what's a normal odor" and brushed me off. :/
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrueTrophyWife
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

<Puts down her spaghetti and closes post>

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Showering doesn't help. :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Helpful

Quoting TrueTrophyWife:

<Puts down her spaghetti and closes post>

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Bump. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:51 PM

During pregnancy and postpartum I always felt like things got all wonky down there.  Also, if you had stitches or such it can have a funky smell while it's healing.

I wouldn't worry unless you have discharge.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Ask your OB, not a nurse. Mabey it's an infection or somthing. Odor isn't normal, which I'm sure you know.

supercarp
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Don't worry about it until the bleeding stops. Placenta has an odor: it smells like placenta. Postpartum discharge smells like postpartum discharge. It is what it is.

rfhsure
by beast mode on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:52 PM
I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised. Your body did a lot of work for 9 months, you're dealing with a lot of hormo all changes, and I imagine your body still has a lot of 'cleaning' to do. If you still have this problem at your 6 week checkup, then I'd ask about it.
Sammybby09
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:52 PM

I started having it after my first son. I figured it was normal and then I went to the dr because it didn't seem to go away and I had a bacterial infection. I kinda think my IUD had something to do with it too because I had the odor before I got it in and then it wouldn't ever go away. This was almost 4 years ago

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Thank you

Quoting rfhsure: I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised. Your body did a lot of work for 9 months, you're dealing with a lot of hormo all changes, and I imagine your body still has a lot of 'cleaning' to do. If you still have this problem at your 6 week checkup, then I'd ask about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)