Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm shocked you can buy this with foodstamps

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM
  • 155 Replies
So I was browsing the FAQ of schwanns food delivery site, and it says you can buy food from them using your food stamps.

I think its odd. I'm not going to argue one way or another about it, but you'd think people would be mores sensible And buy from the store. Its so much cheaper.

Edit

I thought about the ones who were homebound too, it'd still be cheaper to just have to grocery store deliver. I can twice as much through our grocery stores delivery than I can schwanns.
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:46 PM

That stuff is expensive!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:47 PM

It is food, right?

cybcm
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I suppose if you were housebound it would be the most logical way to buy food, regardless of how you pay for it.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:48 PM

It is terribly expensive, but it could also be helpful for someone who can't get out and around.

mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:48 PM
2 moms liked this
One reason someone might go with them is because they deliver... Incase it's an elderly person or disabled person it's a nice convenience to have for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I got pissed when a premium
Meat company came to my door, that sells PREMIUM, grass fed, EXPENSIVE packs or meat, told me that they accept food stamps! Why the FUCK do the poor need premium steaks?!
Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:50 PM
I thought the same thing when I heard that.
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My step-grandparents lived in a small town where there wasn't a store to deliver groceries, and they weren't physically capable of going to the store after my grandpa hurt his back trying to get my grandma off the floor. I'm assuming it's for situations like that. Elderly people who can't shop or get normal groceries delivered, who are living off of small SS checks or retirement that also get FS to help make ends meet. I also know other people use them, but it makes sense that it would be offered for those cases, and it can't be exclusive, so it's available to everyone.

It's a lot more expensive, and pretty much tasteless, but to each their own. As long as no one is going hungry, it's no skin off my teeth.

Ask me how you can be of at least average intelligence!

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:50 PM

I doubt they were grassfed.  They say whatever you want to hear.

Quoting Anonymous: I got pissed when a premium
Meat company came to my door, that sells PREMIUM, grass fed, EXPENSIVE packs or meat, told me that they accept food stamps! Why the FUCK do the poor need premium steaks?!

First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:50 PM

A lot of Subways take them, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)