Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM's just hang out all day.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:31 AM
I'm a SAHM of 4, 3 under school age and I pretty much laze about constantly :-D
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Then you're doing it wrong...LOL sorry.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm a SAHM of 4, 3 under school age and I pretty much laze about constantly :-D

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:34 AM
How can you do it wrong? different Maybe

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: I'm a SAHM of 4, 3 under school age and I pretty much laze about constantly :-D

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:35 AM
It was sarcasm based on the cartoon!
While I don't think motherhood is the martyrdom that many make it out to be, it's a *sight* bit more than "hanging out" :-D

Quoting Anonymous:

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Hanging out gets boring after while.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:36 AM
I was a sahm when my kids were little. Or at least wahm. And I did pretty much hang out all day. I wasn't ashamed. It was a lot of fun!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Thanks!

Quoting Anonymous: How can you do it wrong? different Maybe

Quoting Anonymous:

mom_to_kenzie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:37 AM
No kidding! Lol we gave dd (5) an abcmouse subscription for Xmas, so she can kind of navigate her learning for a bit each day now instead of a constant fight while I figure out how to work with our 2 year old or clean the house some more, or entertain our 6 month old. I would LOVE to have a day to just "laze" around.
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I went for a 2 hour hike with my littlest two today, and then picked up my son from his half day at school, then came home and did homeschooling until 5 (SOMEone was dragging his feet today!), and then built a homemade changeable calendar with my son, complete with sticky velcro, fed everyone breakfast lunch and dinner somewhere in the midst of all that, did dishes, cleaned up mess after mess, cleared out my daughter's new room so that it can be painted when her dad gets home tomorrow, reorganized EVERYTHING in the kids' room to better streamline it, and, and, and....  I'm tired just reading it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:42 AM

If a sahm allows herself time to have many lazy moments during the day, she likely lacks motivation, self discipline, and all the other same type of skills it takes a  successfully working person to accomplish all that should be done.  Having all that extra time should be spent teaching your children, as learning is endless.  However, I have a feeling you simply don't give yourself enough credit in what you do.

Quoting Anonymous: How can you do it wrong? different Maybe

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN