Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Bad" kids DO happen to good parents

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:45 AM
  • 23 Replies
3 moms liked this

I know, I was one. I was raised in a good home. Two loving parents, had everything I needed and a good bit of what I wanted. I was raised in a small town and with good values. Up until 10th grade I was a great kid, never got in trouble, in the gifted program at school, did my chores, all those great things.

At 15 I lost my damn mind. I thought I knew it all. Started sneaking out, took my mom's car, lied, screamed, name called, stole, basically everything but drugs. My parents punished in every way they could, took me to counseling, had me evaluated for mental disorders, everything they could. At 16 I moved out with a man 5 years older, got pregnant and begged my parents to let me get married because I just KNEW I was a grown up and could do it all on my own. 

This path continued till I was 24. Then I FINALLY realized I didn't know it all but by that time had made so many mistakes and just a mess of things.Had gotten divorced and my ex had taken our son because I was not in any place to care for him.

I am doing great now at 32 with a wonderful SO and two more kids but those 9 years I thought I knew it all and made so many wrong choices.

Bottom line, sometimes kids choices are just that, THEIR choices and no matter how amazing a parent is, some kids just suck.

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurtleMami
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Amen

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:48 AM

I'm glad you turned it around. I feel like my mom was a good mom too and I went wild.

Do you ever see your son?

JustMeKat
by Kat on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:50 AM

oh how true your statement is, I got bashed on here for standing up to my child for his abuse. Now if I would have said it was my husband doing the shit my kid did, I would have been told to run as fast as I could.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:51 AM

There are some assnons on here that will disagree because they seem to know everything, lol

Even  sss will argue that your parents are to blame in one way or another , lol

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Yes. I have always seen and had a relationship with him. Though it was difficult for a while. He has some issues of his own including being on the spectrum and he was very angry with me for awhile. About a year ago he got into a lot of trouble and became violent (which is when we found out he was mis-diagnosed and his meds were wrong.) He assaulted two teachers at his school. The judge was going to put him in detention for at least a year, but my parents stepped up and took him. They are home schooling him and he is doing great. I see him about three times a week. He is 15 now.

Quoting JackieGirl007:

I'm glad you turned it around. I feel like my mom was a good mom too and I went wild.

Do you ever see your son?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:53 AM
My brother was one of those kids also. There are 5 of us and when he hit 16, man he just went left when no one was looking! He's 33 now and regrets a lot of the things he did. I went a bit off center also, but nothing really wild!
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:53 AM

It drives me crazy whenever I see a post about a wild or out of control teen and people come in and say "you raised them, it's your fault." Yea NO, not always. 

I am sorry about your son, I hope things are better now.

Quoting JustMeKat:

oh how true your statement is, I got bashed on here for standing up to my child for his abuse. Now if I would have said it was my husband doing the shit my kid did, I would have been told to run as fast as I could.

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:55 AM

I get that most kids have a bit of a rebellion, but some of us just lose it lol. I am with your brother. I regret so much of what I did. Especially to my mom. I was SO horrible to her for so long, and looking back I know that she loved me and wasn't trying to "ruin my life" she was trying to save it!

Quoting Anonymous: My brother was one of those kids also. There are 5 of us and when he hit 16, man he just went left when no one was looking! He's 33 now and regrets a lot of the things he did. I went a bit off center also, but nothing really wild!

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's because people think that children are soley a product of their enviroment and forget that they are people with their own minds. Especially teens. They want to be grown up and don't realize they have it made lol. I tell my kids all the time that "being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up" and not to rush it.

Quoting Sassy762:

There are some assnons on here that will disagree because they seem to know everything, lol

Even  sss will argue that your parents are to blame in one way or another , lol

JustMeKat
by Kat on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Thank You, it is a horrible situation, an my heart is broken over it, but it was the best I didn't want my other son's thinking this is how you can treat women.

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

It drives me crazy whenever I see a post about a wild or out of control teen and people come in and say "you raised them, it's your fault." Yea NO, not always. 

I am sorry about your son, I hope things are better now.

Quoting JustMeKat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)