Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

God damn egotistical piece of s*** doctor

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this
So back story. I have crohns throught my entire digestive tract. My shots of humira wasn't working as long as they should have. So back in October I went to see my doctor. We decided to up my dose to once a week for the shots from every two weeks. We determined that I would take two weeks off from work to get the meds in my system and give me time to recoup my body since I was weak from malnourishment. Okay fine. Well two weeks were up and I asked if they would to put me back because they wanted to run tests. Well had the last test in December. Got the results beginning of week after numerous calls trying to find out them. I knew from the techs that the doctor would have the test results back the same day as it was an MRI. So it looks like I am in remission Yay right I can go back to work? Nope they still won't fucking release me to go back. And they won't give me a god damn reason as to why they won't let me go back as there is no damn reason why I can't except my doctor is an egotistical asshole.

No I have not gotten paid
since my last paycheck the beginning of November. I can try for disability but fat chance on getting it since my doctor and test results say I am as healthy as I am going to get. I tried talking to my work back in November about returning without a doctors note and that is a no go there is no way around that one. Been looking for a new job since December. So far no luck on interviews but hopefully that will change soon.

Again end of last week talked to his pa. I need him to sign my release papers for work. Well the answer I got was we didn't discuss that I will get back to you on Monday. As she called me back at the end of the day. Called today to double check my appointment time next week. Asked the receptionist to send me to the nurse so I can tell her to have him sign my release. No fuxking call back and I am only approved leave through tomorrow or well today. I am fucking livid.

Is this reportable to anyone. I am so fed up it is not funny
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:12 AM
You must have a really good employer to be off since October and still have a job.
Maybe try another doctor? If you feel better and all your paperwork and tests show you're ok, then I wouldn't see a reason for you to not return to work. How active have you been looking for another job?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:15 AM
I work at Walmart. My store has been awesome so far but I know everyone has their limits. I can understand if they fire me, I will not quit.

Pretty active. I try to apply to at least 5 jobs a day. I have been doing that since the beginning of last year and took a break the beginning of October because of obvious health reasons. Wanted to focus on my health and then start again. I have two degrees and solid work history. My cover letter and resume are awesome. I don't under stand why I am having issues.

Quoting Anonymous: You must have a really good employer to be off since October and still have a job.

Maybe try another doctor? If you feel better and all your paperwork and tests show you're ok, then I wouldn't see a reason for you to not return to work. How active have you been looking for another job?
raczac
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:16 AM
I don't know about reporting to anyone but my mom and cousin both have crohns. They have both had the surgery my mom had hers when . Was 27 and is now 59 she will tell anyone that she is so much better off having had the surgery than if she hadn't. My cousin had his last year and is already doing everything he did before surgery if not more so. His wife just had a baby right begore Christmas. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:20 AM
Thanks. My dad died due to complications to this disease. I haven't had surgery yet but I know eventually I will be. As much as I want it now they won't give it to me even though in June he was more then ready to do it and I put it off because it wasn't a good time for me. Ugh I can't wait to switch doctors.

I just want to go back to work.

Quoting raczac: I don't know about reporting to anyone but my mom and cousin both have crohns. They have both had the surgery my mom had hers when . Was 27 and is now 59 she will tell anyone that she is so much better off having had the surgery than if she hadn't. My cousin had his last year and is already doing everything he did before surgery if not more so. His wife just had a baby right begore Christmas. Good luck.
raczac
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:22 AM
I you don't mind me asking what state do you live in. My mom and cousin both had the same dr and they live in Atlanta.

Quoting Anonymous: Thanks. My dad died due to complications to this disease. I haven't had surgery yet but I know eventually I will be. As much as I want it now they won't give it to me even though in June he was more then ready to do it and I put it off because it wasn't a good time for me. Ugh I can't wait to switch doctors.

Quoting raczac: I don't know about reporting to anyone but my mom and cousin both have crohns. They have both had the surgery my mom had hers when . Was 27 and is now 59 she will tell anyone that she is so much better off having had the surgery than if she hadn't. My cousin had his last year and is already doing everything he did before surgery if not more so. His wife just had a baby right begore Christmas. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:25 AM
What are your degrees in? Maybe I could offer some help in ideas for employment.
By you not quitting if they do fire you, you may be able to get unemployment. Normally I would never encourage it but if you have all your documentation you shouldn't have a problem. Assuming you're not alone, does your SO make enough to support the household for you to focus on another job if you do get fired and can get unemployment?
This is a crappy situation. Kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Quoting Anonymous: I work at Walmart. My store has been awesome so far but I know everyone has their limits. I can understand if they fire me, I will not quit.

Pretty active. I try to apply to at least 5 jobs a day. I have been doing that since the beginning of last year and took a break the beginning of October because of obvious health reasons. Wanted to focus on my health and then start again. I have two degrees and solid work history. My cover letter and resume are awesome. I don't under stand why I am having issues.

Quoting Anonymous: You must have a really good employer to be off since October and still have a job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:27 AM
WI. And supposedly my doctor was voted the number 1 go doctor in my area last year. I have a stricture or narrowing in my small intestine to the point that I swallowed a practice pill to and it got stuck. Thank god it dissolved so I didn't get to swallow the camera. But I don't need surgery. The practice pill was one and a half times the size of a woman's daily vitamin pill. So not that big.

Quoting raczac: I you don't mind me asking what state do you live in. My mom and cousin both had the same dr and they live in Atlanta.

Quoting Anonymous: Thanks. My dad died due to complications to this disease. I haven't had surgery yet but I know eventually I will be. As much as I want it now they won't give it to me even though in June he was more then ready to do it and I put it off because it wasn't a good time for me. Ugh I can't wait to switch doctors.

raczac
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:30 AM
Understand good luck with getting back to work.

Quoting Anonymous: WI. And supposedly my doctor was voted the number 1 go doctor in my area last year. I have a stricture or narrowing in my small intestine to the point that I swallowed a practice pill to and it got stuck. Thank god it dissolved so I didn't get to swallow the camera. But I don't need surgery. The practice pill was one and a half times the size of a woman's daily vitamin pill. So not that big.

Quoting raczac: I you don't mind me asking what state do you live in. My mom and cousin both had the same dr and they live in Atlanta.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:30 AM
I don't have an so at the moment. And my daughters father recently passed so still getting social security set up for that. Thankfully living with someone who is understanding of my situation and is covering rent until I get money and pay them back.

I have two degrees in psychology. In the process of getting my application for my masters completed and submitted. So I am looking for anything in that field which is limited. Or office work the majority of my work experience is in that.

Quoting Anonymous: What are your degrees in? Maybe I could offer some help in ideas for employment.

By you not quitting if they do fire you, you may be able to get unemployment. Normally I would never encourage it but if you have all your documentation you shouldn't have a problem. Assuming you're not alone, does your SO make enough to support the household for you to focus on another job if you do get fired and can get unemployment?

This is a crappy situation. Kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Quoting Anonymous: I work at Walmart. My store has been awesome so far but I know everyone has their limits. I can understand if they fire me, I will not quit.

teaspring
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:30 AM

Unfortunately, it sounds almost typical - I've worked with good ones and bad ones, but most MDs have a huge G-d Complex...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)