Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought a TV and my sister is angry!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 134 Replies

We went to best buy and they had a really good deal on tv so I got it. My sister got all mad because I didnt call my DH to ask him. I told her I didnt have to call and ask him for permission and it wasnt that big of a purchase. She said i should talk to my DH about every purchase and I just laughed at her. 

I told her anything above about $5,000 we discus beforehand but if not then we dont. 

Do you discuss every purchase you make with your husband or do you have a limit that you discuss if the purchase is above it?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livric
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:24 AM
1 mom liked this

nope,  I am an adult and if I need something or there is a good special on I go get it.  however for most big ticket items we talk together about it.

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:24 AM
4 moms liked this
Big purchases we do, but big doesn't alway mean money wise.

It's not a rule or anything we just like each other's input.
liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:28 AM
3 moms liked this

LOL, so not her business

Mocha.Maya.Me
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Yeah, generally over $5,000 was our talk about it first range also.   Unless, it was a surprise for the other.   Then one was free to splurge.    We however were/are in great financial shape and it simply wasn't/isn't an issue of it possibly hurting us financially.

Lo428
by get over yourself on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Why does it matter to her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:30 AM

I spend my money the way I see fit. I work for it 

jjames1990
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:30 AM
No, I handle all finances. All purchases are authorized by me. DH has to tell me if he makes a purchase above $500, before he does. But that is because we do not own credit cards so I will need to make sure I adjust the bank account if need be.
Angel89411
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:33 AM
4 moms liked this

Not the very small things (think $25 range) but I am a SAHM and we are on a tight budget to save for a house. We both discuss most purchases. Not ask for permission, discuss. 

MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:34 AM
On big purchases, but I'm never at a store without him
Basherte
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this

We pretty much discuss everything, as we are on a budget and anything could potentially cause us to be short. 

It isn't like we sat down and discussed that. I mean it just seems to be something each of us does for the other. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN