Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Must be nice!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:51 AM
  • 47 Replies
I hate this sentence. When someone says this to me I go crazy. My sister knows this. I was talking to her yesterday and telling her how I am taking a leave of absence from work. Maybe permanent. I have Lupus, constant migraines and the florescent lights are bad for me. DH and I have worked it out budget wise, and I dont need to work.

My sister said it must be nice. Made me so mad. I said yes, yes it is nice to be in constant pain, falling asleep by 8pm because all day the florescent lights at work have zapped my strength. It is nice, wish it were you and not me. She got insulted and hung up.

My stepmother then called me yelling at ME for hurting her feelings. WTF?
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MzD3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:54 AM

She sounds like an idiot....sorry you are ill. 

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:56 AM
Thanks.

Yes she typically is a selfish idiot. But I always think she will change and she doesn't.

Quoting MzD3:

She sounds like an idiot....sorry you are ill. 

lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:01 AM
Maybe she's just jealous that she can't stay at home?
.Zombie.Girl.
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:02 AM

My great aunt has lupus too. It's a horrible painful thing. :(

I hate that saying too. Your sister was an ass and put her foot in her mouth. She shouldn't have ran to mommy about it either. 

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:06 AM
I am sure that's what it is. But its not like I am retiring and moving to a tropical island. I am sick. And actually a tropical island would make me even more sick lol

Quoting lexiloo714: Maybe she's just jealous that she can't stay at home?
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:08 AM
It is painful. Have you been tested? They have found people are genetically predisposed for it. And then something triggers it. I had my children and nieces and nephews tested.

Quoting .Zombie.Girl.:

I hate that saying too. Your sister was an ass and put her foot in her mouth. She shouldn't have ran to mommy about it either. 

.Zombie.Girl.
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:13 AM

That's interesting, I didn't know that. I haven't been tested but she isn't my aunt by blood, she married into the family.

I'll ask my cousins though to make sure they have been. Thanks for the info. :)

Quoting jjames1990: It is painful. Have you been tested? They have found people are genetically predisposed for it. And then something triggers it. I had my children and nieces and nephews tested.

Quoting .Zombie.Girl.:

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Your welcome. There are some maim triggers. Penicillin and Sulfa allergic reactions are two main triggers and I had both. Shortly after I started with Lupus symptoms.

Quoting .Zombie.Girl.:

That's interesting, I didn't know that. I haven't been tested but she isn't my aunt by blood, she married into the family.

I'll ask my cousins though to make sure they have been. Thanks for the info. :)

Quoting jjames1990: It is painful. Have you been tested? They have found people are genetically predisposed for it. And then something triggers it. I had my children and nieces and nephews tested.

Quoting .Zombie.Girl.:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:40 AM

so because you dont like a statement, anyone around you is not allowed to speak the way they choose? And then when she doesnt like something you said, oh well too bad, youre you and can say whatever you want.lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:41 AM
My aunt had lupus. Ignore your sister, I'm sorry you're sick.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)