Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wish I could afford it

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I work 40 hours a week to have insurance on my daughter and I. The new plan we have we have to pay $600.00 dollars worth of medical bills before the insurance will pay 80%. I'm at the point that I feel like I need someone to talk to. Maybe get some anxiety depression meds? I've been on them before. I not only can't afford 600 dollars to talk to someone I also can't afford the 20.00 copay every week or every two weeks as often as they would want me to come. What do you do when your in a situation like this. I don't want to hurt myself or anything like that I just feel like I'm lost and I'm getting more depressed each day.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Does your employer have a hotline? I can't remember what they call it right now. Mine has a number we can call when we need help for things like this, they'll talk to you then help you set up an appointment if you need it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:11 AM
What is 5htp

Quoting Anonymous:

This.  I think therapy is such bullshit.   Not to sound all Tom Cruise on you but getting some exercise can really help with depression.   Go for a run or a long walk.    Also, try taking supplements 5HTP

Quoting OHIOmommy330:

Call a friend, that's shit is free.

madwifa
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:12 AM

I feel ya. this insurance is crazy. We use to pay 600 a month now we pay 700 a month and we have a 7500 deductible. We have a 1000 deductible on prescriptions and have to pay 65 at the dr unless the insurance company feels we need to pay more. I never know. All I know is I pay alot more with insurance then when I did not have it. I feel I have medical bills all the time. Before I paid upfront and no bills later.

You should be able to get antidepressants which they better labeled as anti-anxiety or you will have depression on your list of aliment, from your regular primary dr. My dh got them for headaches from primary dr.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:12 AM
We do have a hot line but finding someone isn't the problem I can't afford someone. I'm going to look for these free clinics. All I've found so far is drug addiction places for free I don't have an addiction.

Quoting Anonymous: Does your employer have a hotline? I can't remember what they call it right now. Mine has a number we can call when we need help for things like this, they'll talk to you then help you set up an appointment if you need it.
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:13 AM
Do you know anyone that is in the medical field? If so, this is what I use to do for my friends. They would come in for visits, I would bill the insurance companies, and they would apply it to my friends deductibles. Then I would write it off.
Decemberlov
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:14 AM
I too was going to suggest exercise and supplements. however I do not feel like therapy is bs.

Quoting Anonymous:

This.  I think therapy is such bullshit.   Not to sound all Tom Cruise on you but getting some exercise can really help with depression.   Go for a run or a long walk.    Also, try taking supplements 5HTP

Quoting OHIOmommy330:

heatherh610
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:16 AM
At one point, I was seeing a therapist once a month because that was all I could afford. I "couldn't afford" the $25 copayment at the time, but for my sanity, I couldn't afford to not pay it! I would definitely look into someplace with a sliding scale so you aren't slammed with that deductible over your first few appointments, or perhaps a local church may have free "faith based" counseling (it isn't usually all preachy but may include a prayer for strength and understanding, ect).
Good luck!
madwifa
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:16 AM

I never hear of 5htp and after reading it sounds interesting It sure could help alot of ppl rather then being on meds. One day I might try it. thanks for the reply

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OHIOmommy330:

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:18 AM
You could try getting coounselling through a church, or if you leave near a graduate school you may be able to speak with student counsellors.

Quoting Anonymous: But I want to talk to someone.

Quoting thenameshailie: So go once, explain that you may not be able to do therapy often and they will likely prescribe an antidepressant. You can do a few follow up appointments to be sure it is the right fit for you. You dont have to see a therapist weekly to be given an antidepressant, your family doctor could even prescribe it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:20 AM
You don't have to pay $600 all at once. My Dr only sees me every 2-3months to check non my xanax script.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)