Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Could you be happy with forever being a mother but never a wife?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 312 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm 32, in a committed relationship with my boyfriend of 6 years. We have a 5 year old son together. Also my 12 year old from my past relationship lives with us. I only got as far as being engaged from my ex boyfriend. I was never married. We were stubborn 20 yr olds, not mature enough, kept breaking up and getting back together for 13 years til I had the strength to be done for good. My current boyfriend has been married twice and doesn't want to ever again. I understand that. Why keep failing at something you're obviously not good at? I have been getting questioned by my parents and friends when we'll tie the knot for the past couple years and then they stopped bugging. 

Yeah sure teachers at my younger son's school accidently call me Mrs(last name of my son and dad). It doesn't bother me. Some people are still old fashioned and believe a true family consists of everyone sharing the same last name. Well my older son has my last name, so it's not like I'm a total outcast,lol. 

As far as marriage, I've been living without the benefits the marriage package brings for over 10 years, so yeah why fix something that isn't broken. I'm able to take care of myself and the kids financially without a second income. We keep our money separated and we rent a home with no plans of owning ever.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto3B
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:17 AM
15 moms liked this

I would be a single parent via adoption, but I would never have a child with a man who would not marry me. In my mindset, that would make me a chump. 

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:17 AM
9 moms liked this
If you are ok with it, its your life!

Personally, no. No way I would be a mother at all without being a wife first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:19 AM

whatever works for you but I cant answer your question, Ive been married for 16 almost 17 yrs.

onaflowers
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:20 AM
Yes. As a mother going through a divorce. It is just an annoying piece of paper. MUCH easir to make it than to break it.
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:20 AM
8 moms liked this
Yes i can. My kids at more important to me than any man could be.
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:21 AM
5 moms liked this
Nope, I would never have a child with someone I wasn't willing to legally tie myself to. Your excuse doesn't make sense to me.. Then again, it's your reason and you're the only one who needs to understand it.
Bee86lpn
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:22 AM
If you're happy that's all that matters.

Seems like it's easier to do stuff when you're married like home loans, his health insurance and taxes though.
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:22 AM
3 moms liked this

Not if I were in a relationship. I've never been the type to live with someone outside of marriage. I've never done it, and I never will. 

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:23 AM
If your happy then that's all that matter. But for me I would never be with a man that didn't eventually want to get married.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Quoting 3xangel: Nope, I would never have a child with someone I wasn't willing to legally tie myself to. Your excuse doesn't make sense to me.. Then again, it's your reason and you're the only one who needs to understand it.

What excuse would that be?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)