Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The groom kicked me out of the wedding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 112 Replies

Sorry this is so long.

A high school friend of mine is getting married in June, she asked me to be a bridesmaid.  I order and pay for the $400 and then the $100 shoes. 

A group of us girls all get together once or twice a month for dinner and to hang out/catch up with each other.  The friend who is getting married, her fiance is extremely controlling (no one realized this until recently).  We were at a friend's house going over wedding plans, bridal shower stuff, bachelorette party, etc and her fiance called her 7 times in a 4 hour period.  Each time she would walk out of the room to take the call and we could hear her saying, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry"  Well, she tell us that he wants her home so she has to leave.  Anytime we hang out, he does this.  Calls her over and over and over again.  If she ignores the call, he starts calling other peoples phones trying to get a hold of her.  It always ends the same way, her leaving and going home because he is a controlling titty baby.

All of us girls were in a facebook message conversation and the friend who is getting married was saying how her fiance is taking over all of the wedding plans because he doesn't like anything she picks out and her feelings were hurt and she is annoyed with him being controlling.  We are all very close, so I told her, "I love you but you really need to rethink things and make sure this is how you want to live the rest of your life, maybe try some couples counseling having an unbiased 3rd party help sort out your feelings and frustrations can be helpful, my husband and I went to marriage counseling and it saved our marriage."  <----That is seriously ALL I said, I said nothing more. I know he reads her emails and stuff, so I refrain from talking shit about him on purpose because I know he will see it.

Well, evidently during this conversation he wanted to know who she was talking to and what she was talking about, so he took her phone from her and read the conversation.  He was furious.  He ended up getting pissed at her for "talking shit" about him and getting pissed at me for "talking shit" about him and he told me I was out of the wedding, lol...I told him that was fine but I wanted $500 for the dress that is non-returnable and the shoes that are non-returnable (they've were specially ordered and dyed black).  He laughed and told me, "no way in hell".  So, today I spoke to my lawyer who said that I absolutely had a case and could take him to small claims court.

Seriously?  Why can't she see that this guy is a fucking psychotic douche bag who is purposfully isolating her from everyone who cares about her?  Now since all of this went down, the other bridesmaids are considering dropping out of the wedding. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
He sounds like an ass but you don't have a case. You have the dress and shoes in your possession.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Love is blind

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

id never spend 500 on someone elses wedding..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:54 AM
11 moms liked this

Maybe at one of your get together you should all sit her down and have a heart to heart with her. This is going to end badly and she will need all your support. If he is that bad now, it WILL get physical if is hasn't already.

dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Wow. What a mess. The whole situation.

bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:55 AM

thake the jackass to small claims ....jackass.. your friend is a jackass as well....

justone_jen
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Poor girl.

I highly doubt you have a case.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Sad. She's going to end up regretting her decision when she realizes he has completely cut her off from her friends & eventually, I'm sure, her family too.
TrueTrophyWife
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:58 AM

No words of encouragement here.  This sucks.  She is not really a friend if she doesn't have your back on this. 

ivegotrhythm
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this
That actually makes me sick to my stomach.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN