Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATED to clarify- you're too strict! your kids will always hate you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies
11 moms liked this

This is what my in laws tell SO and I all the time. Were "too strict. Our kids will act out as soon as they get the chance. They won't respect us. Etc etc etc."

sil (one of the ones so insistent were screwing our kids up) just posted that her child (about 10 yo) is out of control and needs sent to a military school.

lmao but were too strict? Our kids arent out of control. I can handle MY kids. But please. Continue in telling me how to raise my kid since yours has turned out just fabulous!

hahaha

Edit because theres been a few "we don't know how you parent" or "yeah strict parenting will bite you in the ass" type replies.

Her definition, apparently, of strict, is setting rules, bounderies, having expectations, and not allowing back talk, disrespect, etc. 

My kids say yes m'am, no sir. She thinks thats "crazy stupid". My kids have to be excused from the table at dinner. They have chores. We volunteer as a family. We expect respect, but we also give respect. I will not ask them to do something 10 times. There are consequences for their actions and we hold true to those. 

SIL asked us to pick her son up from school one day and watch him. He was expected to follow our rules while in our home. (Obviously I didn't put him to work on chores but he WAS going to respect us). Instead he back talked, yelled at my kids, demanding things be done HIS way...NO. NOT ok in my home. He went home telling his mother we're mean and he hates us. 

SIL NEVER tells her kid no. He does what he wants. He controls the house. He decides when or if hell brush his teeth, take a shower, do his home work.

Thats how all of this got started. 

Now a few months later she sees how out of control he is and realizes she has no clue what shes doing.

this wasnt a "HA I WIN!" post. it was a "Dont tell me im screwing up my kids, when MY kids are well behaved, happy, and not terrors. And yours...well......"

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:52 AM
24 moms liked this

I get that told to me all of the time, on here, but I'm not trying to be liked, I'm trying to raise humans that the world won't mind being around.....

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:53 AM

On a side note, they are not your in laws unless you are married though it did make it easy to understand who  you where talking about lol. 

I have no clue how your kids are so I can't comment. Sorry! I just wasted up your time reading nonsense....I guess it's a big BUMP! lol

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Good idea

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I get that told to me all of the time, on here, but I'm not trying to be liked, I'm trying to raise humans that the world won't mind being around.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

lmao  I was told I was a bad mom and she feels sorry for my dd by another mother because I flipped when she let my dd 14 & her own dd  14 ,walk the streets at night when its dark and theres snow, and all sidewalks not clear. Oh & this all happened at the scene of the accident , where our dd's were hit by a car. ( not seriously injured). I laughed at this woman and told her that is hilarious coming from a mom who screwed up her kid so bad that her kid has been cutting herself. If she actually acted like an adult and parented her, maybe then she wouldnt be cutting herslf for attention.

OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM

I agree with this. We have not point of reference as to how you treat your children. 

Quoting mygardenia:

On a side note, they are not your in laws unless you are married though it did make it easy to understand who  you where talking about lol. 

I have no clue how your kids are so I can't comment. Sorry! I just wasted up your time reading nonsense....I guess it's a big BUMP! lol

bumNmoos_mom
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Haha, I get told I spoil my kids to much and need to spank.. Might be true with my son but not my girls. I refuse to spank and he is not al that bad. He has moments lik all other children. 

mamalynnsmith
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

We need more perents that are strict.my husband and i are very strict with our boys and it is paying off . Boy boys are straight a's , they are respectful, honest and hard working and you know what both boys (ages18&13) love spending time with us.

withsecond
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:01 PM
I had a friend who's parents were crazy strict and she definitely acted out. She was always the first one to do something stupid or crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Apostrophes. Use them.
TheSilence
by Remember Me on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:04 PM
3 moms liked this
My dad was very strict and I love him very much even though he has passed away.
Dh's parents were also very strict and he adore then.
We are raising our ds in a strict environment as well. Strict doesn't mean not loving. Our house is full of love.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)