Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should babies be banned from fancy restaurants?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies
7 moms liked this

yes, absolutely!  there are kid friendly places for a reason.  as a mother, if i'm going out to a fancy restaurant without my kids, its because i want a break, i don't want to hear other people's babies crying.  fancy restaurants should be off limits.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Well, I don't think they should officially be banned, but I think parents should have enough sense to not bring their screaming kids to an expensive restaurant. Why would you want to pay $50 plus for your plate of food and not be able to enjoy it?
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:18 PM
If that's what the owner wants. I appreciate it when without kids.
Chibee
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I agree.   We bring dd out to eat all the time because she truly enjoys it and knows its a treat.   But even when she was a baby, she was super well behaved.   On the rare occasion she was fussy, we knew to leave the restaurant immediately or just not take her out at all.   Its just courtesy.   If I don't want to hear my own kid scream, I'm sure as hell positive that no one else does.

Quoting Anonymous: Well, I don't think they should officially be banned, but I think parents should have enough sense to not bring their screaming kids to an expensive restaurant. Why would you want to pay $50 plus for your plate of food and not be able to enjoy it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:21 PM

If I am going out with my family we will go somewhere family friendly and not fancy like Olive Garden or Red Lobster.  Not my favorite since their foods are overly processed and just a step up over fast food.  On date night we go to a fine dining restaurant that is quiet and won't warm up a bottle or provide kids menus.  They don't want kids in the restaurant because people dine there for the quiet and delicious foods. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:23 PM
6 moms liked this

Where do you live the Olive Garden and Red Lobster are fancy?!

Quoting Anonymous:

If I am going out with my family we will go somewhere family friendly and not fancy like Olive Garden or Red Lobster.  Not my favorite since their foods are overly processed and just a step up over fast food.  On date night we go to a fine dining restaurant that is quiet and won't warm up a bottle or provide kids menus.  They don't want kids in the restaurant because people dine there for the quiet and delicious foods. 

Josie_P
by Josie on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:23 PM

There are some restaurants here where I live that set up certain times that children are allowed, I think most are like from 12pm-4pm. Then after that, it's adults only. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:23 PM
I agree!
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:24 PM
4 moms liked this

Can we ban idiot parents instead?  Because who lets their 8mo old baby cry so much that it disturbs the patrons around them?  Who threatens but doesn't follow through when their 2yo is running around the restaurant.  Who thinks it's acceptable to let a child destroy a table and add a few $$ for the waitress to clean it up.

piesmama09
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Absolutely, and you would THINK this was a common sense issue but many people are sadly lacking said sense.

sarah824
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Eh... DH & I went out of town with DS when he was 6 weeks old. The only restaurant in town that was not a bar or fast food was a little more "upscale" than we were comfortable with because of DS, but we needed to eat. When we walked in it was obvious that the staf was not excited about us having a baby with us. We assured them that he was going to sleep, but they still gave us THE worst table in the place. We ate, drank and spent a good deal of money. We tipped well too. At the end, as we were leaving, the waitress and the hostess came up and apologized for their attitude toward DS and said they wouldn't have known he was even with us if they had not seen the carseat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured