Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Heard this on the radio this morning. What do you think? ***Edited...listen for yourself if you want***

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:29 PM
  • 90 Replies

I listen to this radio station that does a bit for men and women that have gone out with someone else only never to hear from them again.  They call the other person on the air and find out what the deal is and why they never called for a second date. 

Today it was a girl that had finally been asked out by her co-worker that she had a crush on.  She thought they went out and had a great time.  No kiss at the end, just a respectful, fun evening.  When they get the guy on the phone he says the reason he didn't call her back is because when they left to go to eat, she left her 8 year old and 5 year old alone without a babysitter.  He said she was a terrible mother and he didn't want to go out with her again after that. 

I know that some of these radio things are scripted.  I also wonder why he just didn't refuse to go out if he was uncomfortable leaving children alone like that.  But the "mom" was defending herself saying the only reason she agreed to go out to the particular place they went to was because it was only 15 mins away from her home and if her 8 year old called her she could be there "just like that".  I was kind of shocked that she had that mind set.  She was explaining that parents coddle their children too much nowadays which I agree with.  But I don't think I would leave an 8 and 5 year old alone so I could go on a date.  Even if it were only 15 mins away. 

I know it depends on the maturity of the child, but do you thing 8 and 5 is too young to be left alone for three hours?  (that's how long they said the date was)

****It's on hot101.5 with Jayde (Tampa) under the "Blown Off section".  It's Katherine vs. Aaron.  I forgot about the mom saying she left them with plenty of apple juice and candy so they wouldn't choke.  Yikes. 

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovingFamily8
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:32 PM
that's too young. Horrible.
-Teeter-Totter-
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Hmm. We were left alone at that age growing up and were fine.

Never for a date though. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, even if I felt my kids were fine being alone at those ages.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Is it called "Second Date Update"?!

If so I know where you Liii-iiiive!
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Too young.

prdmama1154
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I can't remember when my parents started leaving me home alone.  I think 12 or so.

TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:41 PM

I was left alone at that age growing up and I'm fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:41 PM
My daughter is 9 and I leave her alone for short periods. She does fine. A five year old though.... No.
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Quoting LovingFamily8: that's too young. Horrible.
Chibee
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

my brother and i were left alone at that age and it is too young.    

strongforthem
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Too young
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)