Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

his percentile makes me worry

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
My son is 4 and his birthday is in september. All the time i have people saying how he is so small. It's really annoying. Sil is one that says how small he is everytime we see her. Her son is 4 and he is bigger than my 5 year old sd. So i don't know if she thinks because her son is tall that my son should be but it's driving me nuts.
Not only is my son in the 12th percentile for height, my dd who is 2 is in the 59th percentile for height. So my dd isn't much shorter than ds.

Their doctor has said they both are growing fine and both are healthy. They both have stayed consistant with growing. So i guess it's okay but just having so many people say how he is so small is getting to me.

What percentile is your kid(s) in?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Some kids are just smaller than others. Are there small people in your family?

My son always ran in the 75th for both height and weight. My daughter was in the 95th for height, and 10th for weight. At 9, she's still very tall and thin. Lucky girl. lol
3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

80th for height and 60th for weight for my 7 year old, 80th for height and weight for my 4 year old.  All kids are different, so long as your doc thinks nothing is wrong. 

bakerytreatz16
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:54 PM
I don't remember what percentile dd is in. She's 21 months. 38 inches tall. And weighs 20 lbs. she's a petite lil girl. She needs a 12 month for length and a 6-9 month to fit around her..

Dd 2 is just a newborn. She weighed 6lbs 5 oz when left the hospital
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:58 PM

All kids are different.

My two year old is off the charts, size-wise.  She is 3'8" tall and weighs 70 pounds.  Her pediatrician says she's fine, not overweight, she's just a huge kid.  When we go to play areas with other kids her age, I have to tell the other parents that she is TWO and not five or six so her behavior makes more sense.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:00 PM
3 out of 4 of my girls are over 90 percentile for height.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

All kids are different.

My two year old is off the charts, size-wise.  She is 3'8" tall and weighs 70 pounds.  Her pediatrician says she's fine, not overweight, she's just a huge kid.  When we go to play areas with other kids her age, I have to tell the other parents that she is TWO and not five or six so her behavior makes more sense.

he lied that is overweight for that height damn.
PeppermintyTea
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:03 PM
DS2 JUST got on the charts at maybe the 1st or 2nd? He will be 11 soon. Some 13 year olds are bigger than me. Some people are just smaller than others. If he's healthy, and his growth curve is on track I wouldn't worry about it. My husband is 6'1, but was short up until maybe 11 grade when he grew a bunch all at once, and he was skinny skinny until his mid-20s he finally put on some muscle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I don't know. I don't pay attention to the percentiles because they are just compairing my dd to other kids her age. She is small though, she's 16 months & 20 lbs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting Anonymous:

All kids are different.

he lied that is overweight for that height damn.

I'm almost completely positive that you do not have a medical degree, unless you have one from New Jersey Abandoned Van Med School, so I'll take my physician's word, thanks, fuck you very much.

ladyraven16
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:06 PM
I would get a new doctor lol. That's like 44in so lbs are usually within 10. That is an extremely tall 2yr old though!

Quoting Anonymous:

All kids are different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)