Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Um, Hamburger Helper is not real cooking

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 408 Replies
16 moms liked this

I hate seeing other moms & wives posting pics on FB of their dinners and complaining while congratulating themselves on preparing a meal.

Like, "Came home from a hard day at worked & managed to make a GREAT meal." or stay at home moms' write, "Slaved all day to make my family a delicious meal. So worth it :)"

& the pictures they post will be some sort of hamburger meat & noodle Kraft looking massacre with canned vegetables.

Um, you slaved over what? Opening a few cans and a box is not hard. Adding meat to box noodles is not you "working hard" to make your family a meal. Just because you can make Hamburger Helper, Kraft mac and cheese and can open a can of green beans that does not make you some great chef, nor does it mean you can cook. No, just no.

Does this annoy anyone else? I don't care what others eat for dinner but people acting like they can really cook when all they can make is Hamburger Helper annoys me. 

EDIT: I am not bashing Hamburger Helper or food choices. I just hate it when on AND off Facebook ppl act like they are talented cooks but in REALITY they are not.

I do potlucks for my church all the time. I'll ask around and women tell me they can cook. Well, the time comes and it turns out that while they are fantastic at opening up cans they don't know how to much else, like how to braise beef or chicken, peel potatoes, stuff jalapenos, make gravy, icing etc. It's misleading. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:35 PM
18 moms liked this

The pics of their food annoys me enough. I really don't care what it is.

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:36 PM
5 moms liked this

I haven't seen those posts but I will agree that it's not slaving lol. It takes me 1 to 2 hours to make dinner sometimes using all fresh food. 

jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:36 PM
2 moms liked this

It doesn't bother me what other people make...I personally just hate hamburger helper.   My dad made the beef stroganaff (sp) when I was a kid, and I thought it was the nastiest thing I'd ever tasted/smelled and he made me sit there until I ate it, and I threw up after.  I have never eaten it since.....can't stand it!!!! I'm traumatized!!!

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:36 PM
3 moms liked this

Forget about real cooking...it's not real food. 

Anyway, I don't care, to each their own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

lol no not really when it right out of the box. however you can use it for a starting point to make other semi homemade meals!

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:37 PM

It also bothers me when people post pics of their food lol. 

I HAVE posted but only in the cooking group.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

The pics of their food annoys me enough. I really don't care what it is.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Pictures of food are ridiculous. I don't care what the meal is, I have no desire to look at your dinner. It all ends up in the same place anyway....

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:37 PM
8 moms liked this
Who cares.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyAmaranth
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Food pics annoy me. Not what it is. 

I don't let little stuff like that bug me. At least the family was fed.

withsecond
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:38 PM

I used to love Hamburger Helper... then I started giving a shit about what I was eating and read the ingredients. I had to give it up. 

My husband will make his own from scratch though and it's pretty good. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN