Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Married mom's need support too

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
I think that married moms need just as much, if not more support than single moms. I mean, not only are we full time mothers, but we also have a relationship to maintain and nurture. We have to put yet another person's needs before our own. We have to work twice as hard to spend time dedicated to our SO, let alone have (the ever illusive) time to ourselves. I'm so sick to death of all of the "single mommy strong" groups and the posts that say how much more dedicated and how much stronger single moms are. The love I have for my child and the effort I put into raising him are not relevant to my marital status. You are not stronger/ more determined/ harder working/ better than me as a mother just because you are single.
Married mothers are AWESOME.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Ok
steph0420
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:56 AM
:)
wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:57 AM

I know that single moms work much harder than married moms. Being a mother is hard, and I can't imagine having to do it by myself.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:58 AM
*rolling eyes*

Whatever makes your boat float.
marilyn623
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Been both. They both have their own hard points and easy points. Its kind of a crap shoot to be honest.
The worst part for me of being a single mom is just not feeling like there is someone in it with you

Eta: maybe I just had a really shitty dh so being a single mom doesn't feel much different! Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:59 AM
I agree
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Unless a single mom was raped or the father died the single mom put herself in that situation and I feel no pity for her.  Woman need to think before they spread their legs

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:08 AM

I'm neither married nor single ... so I need more support than everyone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:12 AM
I don't know how single moms do it, I really look up to them. They have the strength to do it alone. I for one can do it alone, I need that extra helping hand, parenting is tough.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)