Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

web cams question

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:15 AM
  • 17 Replies

i recently suggestted that my childs school have web cams in there classrooms so that parents can check in on there kidss from time to time with out being disruptive....

but i was notified today that they school cant do this because of privacy laws and such....

now i know ive seen women on her talk about how there child wouldnt attend a school or daycare that didnt have them....

im confused needless to say...  does this really exist?  if so how do they get around privacy laws? how about children that dont have a video/photography release form signed....  meaning if bobs parents sign one but not sally how can there be cams in the class?  since sally parents didnt give permission to be filmed?  any answeres would be greatly appreciated!

by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anoncalypse
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:19 AM

bump

anoncalypse
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:24 AM

bump

Muffins89
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

idk how they get to do it but the kiddie academy daycare here (im in washington) has cameras in their classrooms. my friend's daughter goes there, and im going to be enrolling my kids there soon

anoncalypse
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:27 AM

........ i wonder if its just day cares that are able to do this?

Quoting Muffins89:

idk how they get to do it but the kiddie academy daycare here (im in washington) has cameras in their classrooms. my friend's daughter goes there, and im going to be enrolling my kids there soon

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:27 AM
I've never heard if such a thing, and frankly I think its ridiculous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:27 AM
Maybe cuz a day care is private and a school is public ... And having parents being able to creep their kids and everyone else's kid via cam any time they want is kinda creepy to

Just... A weird thing to suggest if ya ask me
articmom
by IceQueen on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:27 AM
Childcare can REQUIRE the form to be signed , public schools cannot .
Muffins89
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:29 AM

I suppose so. I have only heard of daycares doing it, not regular schools. at least not public schools. i have no idea if any kind of private schools would/do though. 

Quoting anoncalypse:

........ i wonder if its just day cares that are able to do this?

Quoting Muffins89:

anoncalypse
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:30 AM

why do you think its weird?  to want to check in on your kid....  not all parents can volunteer in the classroom or be there physically to see how there child is doing in school....

Quoting Anonymous: Maybe cuz a day care is private and a school is public ... And having parents being able to creep their kids and everyone else's kid via cam any time they want is kinda creepy to

Just... A weird thing to suggest if ya ask me

kailu1835
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:30 AM

I don't believe that there is such a thing as privacy in my kid's classroom.  If you are teaching my kid for several hours of the day, you don't get to hide what you are doing or telling him from me.  Privacy is what makes it possible for teachers to be bullies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)