Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You won't believe how this person RSVP'd to the baby shower *update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 256 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm hosting a baby shower and have been pleasantly surprised to be receiving RSVP's. We all know how that seems to be a dead art anymore. Anyway, yesterday I was at the pharmacy picking up a script for my sick child and was distracted to say the least. I received and RSVP call from what I would term a rambler. I was not listening to her as intently as I obviously should have been because all of the sudden my brain registers that she's telling me she is going to be bringing a product that she SELLS to the baby shower and try to hock it after the event. It's some hand/nail thing I've never heard of before so I was trying to figure out if I'd heard her right or not. She cheerfully told me she'd see me then and hung up. Now I'm lost. I've been to and hosted hundreds of events and this is a first for me. What to do?????????????????

Edit:

She sells Mary Kay apparently. The GOH is talking to her about it as it's the GOH's friend. I've never met the woman.

Update:

So the GOH spoke to her and she never showed up. I guess if she couldn't sell she didn't want to come.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AZHOTMOM
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:29 PM
188 moms liked this

Call her back and tell her that you understand she sells the product, but this is not the time or place for it.

pookietooth
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:30 PM
3 moms liked this

OMG. How rude. That is someone who has absolutely no clue. Maybe you should disinvite her? I don't know what I would do in your shoes.

armywifey1983
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:31 PM
36 moms liked this

Call her back and tell her that she can host a party to sell her products at another time. This is about the mother-to-be, not her. If she's truly dead set on it, she can call the mom and ask if what she wants to do is ok. For her commandeer (spelling?) a baby shower that isn't hers or being hosted by her is in really bad taste.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:31 PM
6 moms liked this

I don't know her. Never met her. She's just a friend of the preggo woman.

My mom suggested I could tell her that there is a specific area she could set her product in and if anyone were interested they could go to her but she was not to do a presentation. Seems possible I guess. I'm flumoxed.

Quoting pookietooth:

OMG. How rude. That is someone who has absolutely no clue. Maybe you should disinvite her? I don't know what I would do in your shoes.

princess_1983
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:32 PM
7 moms liked this

Call her back and tell her she can't sell anything at the baby shower.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

What? She is going to set up a stand at the shower with her beauty products?

Tatiana7
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:33 PM
11 moms liked this

NO SELLING.  It's not about HER.  Good lord

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:33 PM
5 moms liked this

I despise these selling parties anyway. There is no way I would attend one let alone host one. People!

Quoting armywifey1983:

Call her back and tell her that she can host a party to sell her products at another time. This is about the mother-to-be, not her. If she's truly dead set on it, she can call the mom and ask if what she wants to do is ok. For her commandeer (spelling?) a baby shower that isn't hers or being hosted by her is in really bad taste.

PeppermintyTea
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:34 PM
31 moms liked this
I would just call her back, and say you were a little distracted when she called, but that since this a party for mom/baby you would prefer her not to have a presentation so that everyone can focus on the shower activities. I hate those direct sales things anyway, and as another guest at the shower I would be really annoyed if that was shoved at me at a friend's event.
Moonbabylove
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:34 PM
5 moms liked this
Tell her that its rude to try to make money off of your baby shower. The day the attention is supposed to be focused on you. I would be irritated if I just bought a gift for you and you child and then you had some one there trying to get me to spend more money. I know its not your fault but that is what it looks like. Tell her you talked with your husband and agreed no no no. If she wants to sell shit she needs to do it like all the others and set up little parties...not freeload off of you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)