Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MAMMOGRAM, UGH!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:10 PM
  • 42 Replies

Ok call me dumb but didn't realize at 35 they like to do a mammogram as a baseline.

Damn check up, I have panic going to the Drs now I have to go get a mammogam.  I know I know it is for my own good.  But I have to wait til the 28th & bc of my stupid anxiety (which I'm working on) I will worry & worry & worry.  I jus want to get it done now!

Really wish there was an easier way to detect cancer than smooshing our boobs!

Please tell me they are't that bad!!

by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:41 PM

bump

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:57 PM
I had a diagnostic one today (as opposed to a general screening one like they recommend as a yearly thing). Because it was diagnostic, they just did the one side. No it wasn't bad at all, and I have sensitive boobs as well as anxiety. The anticipation of the test was fat worse than the actual procedure. Because I had a digital one, the doc was able to read it right away, and I was happy to hear that the results are good. It was a huge relief.
cowboysgirl3227
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I have had three in my life so far and I can promise you they are not bad at all.  They are a little uncomfortable and it is awkward standing there topless getting your boobs smashed but it is over very quickly.  My last one (last year) I got the results right away so I did not have to stress over that at all.  I always worry about stuff like that and then after I am left wondering what I was all worked up for LOL.  Good luck to you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:03 PM

I get a mammogram and ultrasound twice a year due to my cancer risk.  I have been doing this since I was 20 years old.  I am 41 years old now and it has become routine for me.  I have 13 breast tumors that are being monitored.  They are uncomfortable especially if you are on your period.  It isn't that big of a deal and doesn't take that long so just relax and get it done. 

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:05 PM
I've been getting them for ten years. They're quick and pretty painless. It's really no big deal.
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:07 PM

I have to start getting them and I am 29. ): Due to having thyroid cancer, and a family histpry of breast cancer, I guess they want to be proactive.

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:09 PM

I am getting it done, it is scheduled for the 28th.

Quoting Anonymous:

I get a mammogram and ultrasound twice a year due to my cancer risk.  I have been doing this since I was 20 years old.  I am 41 years old now and it has become routine for me.  I have 13 breast tumors that are being monitored.  They are uncomfortable especially if you are on your period.  It isn't that big of a deal and doesn't take that long so just relax and get it done. 

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:12 PM

So glad everything is good :) The Dr already warned me bc of my anxiety that sometimes they ask for a 2nd one on younger people bc breasts are more dense or something like that.  I've heard about that before & my friend had one done last year & had a 2nd one for that reason as well.

If I could just get over anxiety I'd be good!

Quoting FoxFire363: I had a diagnostic one today (as opposed to a general screening one like they recommend as a yearly thing). Because it was diagnostic, they just did the one side. No it wasn't bad at all, and I have sensitive boobs as well as anxiety. The anticipation of the test was fat worse than the actual procedure. Because I had a digital one, the doc was able to read it right away, and I was happy to hear that the results are good. It was a huge relief.

pasteeater_too
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I've had many of them.  For me it was slightly uncomfortable but it doesn't hurt afterwards.  I just hate strangers tugging and touching my breasts.  That's why it's uncomfortable for me.  It's only like ten minutes.

I''m like you too.  I have panic attacks when I have to go certain places.  My doctor was very good with that.  Gave me time to breathe and relax.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Here it is 40.  Before then they say the breast tissue is too dense to get an accurate picture. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN