Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MIL and Dh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this
Are driving me fucking crazy.

MIL is an over dramatic, over analyzing woman who is never wrong and always needs the last word. And because she was in the medical field she thinks she knows ANYTHING that has to do with medical.

Dh needs to get out of his moms ass, we can't go anywhere with out her, talk about/do anything with out her opinion. "Mom says this, mom said that" do you have your own fucking brain??? The doc DID cut your umbilical cord right?? You're not attached to her?

She's here to help out with baby, well, to help Dh with baby. The advice she gives me I already know, she thinks I spent my entire pregnancy with my head up my ass. Yes she's had two boys 23 years ago, things have changed and I've researched and gotten advice from other current moms. It'd be different if I actually ASKED for her advice.

Ugh. She leaves tomorrow morning.

End rant.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meaganmac
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:29 PM
I was positive you were my SIL until I read that your MIL has 2 boys...lol. It could be worse, you could be me with a crazy mom AND a crazy MIL! ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
That would suck, thank goodness my mother is normal! (Some what)

Quoting meaganmac: I was positive you were my SIL until I read that your MIL has 2 boys...lol. It could be worse, you could be me with a crazy mom AND a crazy MIL! ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:33 PM
3 moms liked this

Hang in there.   And when she leaves then it's time to have a talk with Dh about YOURS and HIS goals on parenting.

kaysha
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:34 PM
One more night. You can survive this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:36 PM
That, aaaand, to get his head out of his moms butt. I mean my goodness! I'm almost ashamed!

Quoting Anonymous:

Hang in there.   And when she leaves then it's time to have a talk with Dh about YOURS and HIS goals on parenting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:36 PM
I need a drink lol

Too bad I'm bf.

Quoting kaysha: One more night. You can survive this.
kaysha
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Can you lock yourself in the bathroom with a bubble bath and book?

Quoting Anonymous: I need a drink lol

Too bad I'm bf.

Quoting kaysha: One more night. You can survive this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Ugh i worry about how things will be when my dh and i have kids. I already have 2 from a previous marriage. But my mil likes to give unwarranted advice. And even on situations she's never been in. And it's not just advice it's like it's fact. I've warned my dh that when the time comes and we have kids i will not put up with his mother trying to co-parent.
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:41 PM

We stayed with MIL for two weeks while relocating back to town.   We actually hadn't planned to, but there was a last minute issue with the place we had lined up to rent.   Anway...

My MIL was harping on where I shopped for like an hour once when I was about 7 months pregnant and my DH just kept taking his sweet time and letting her rag on where I shopped and such.

This happens two days after she insists she wants me to make a chicken casserole (I can actually cook, but she buys out at restaurants a lot because she is VERY picky)...  anyway, she took one look at my beautiful casserole and said, "oh I guess I didn't want this after all", and then ordered pizza for everyone.

I tried... I really did...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)