Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Selling your wedding dress?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:57 PM
  • 7 Replies

And once again I'm on these FB "yard sale" pages (I might be slightly addicted to them lol) and there is a beautiful wedding dress for sale. Priced at $75 and "never worn".

I can't help but think something went horrible wrong with the wedding because I was always told its bad luck to sell your dress (if you bought it). The rational part of me says maybe she just needs the money. 

Then her next post is wedding rings $150 (matching band and engagement ring). Definitely sticking with a wedding gone wrong now.

Just based on the price of these items and the never worn dress, would you assume the same?

And this is just for fun, so keep your shirts on. Its like people watching, but instead we're on the internet. lol

baby development

by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
echoishername
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Shit, where??? I'm looking for a gown. Lol
KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:02 PM

I'm in Mississippi lol

Quoting echoishername: Shit, where??? I'm looking for a gown. Lol

baby development

StephMosDef
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Im getting ready to post my moms. She bought it on an impulse without consulting me and it was totally wrong for her. She couldn't return it but we found one that was perfect for her for a 1/4th the price of the first one she bought. Shes still happily married 4 years later.

Id buy it whether or not the wedding didn't go through (if I was looking for one)
auntietotty
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:11 PM

lol I still have mine. But no one would want it considering I wore it in 1983.  Very 80ish...long lace sleeves, etc.

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:17 PM

You're selling the one she didn't wear right? My grandma says its bad luck to sell the one you wore, but she's a superstitious old lady lol.

Quoting StephMosDef: Im getting ready to post my moms. She bought it on an impulse without consulting me and it was totally wrong for her. She couldn't return it but we found one that was perfect for her for a 1/4th the price of the first one she bought. Shes still happily married 4 years later.

Id buy it whether or not the wedding didn't go through (if I was looking for one)

baby development

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:18 PM

My cousin got married this past halloween and wore a vintage dress. She's an old soul and this dress was perfect for her. It had long lace sleeves as well. :)

Quoting auntietotty:

lol I still have mine. But no one would want it considering I wore it in 1983.  Very 80ish...long lace sleeves, etc.

baby development

StephMosDef
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Well never walked in. She tried it on. Evidently she thought she looked great in it. Me and my grandma had to give her the hard truth when she showed us. The one I found her looked soooo much better on her.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

You're selling the one she didn't wear right? My grandma says its bad luck to sell the one you wore, but she's a superstitious old lady lol.

Quoting StephMosDef: Im getting ready to post my moms. She bought it on an impulse without consulting me and it was totally wrong for her. She couldn't return it but we found one that was perfect for her for a 1/4th the price of the first one she bought. Shes still happily married 4 years later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured