Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is wrong with Milk ??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What is wrong with Milk ?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:37 PM
Realistically? Nothing. In the eyes of uppity, holier-than-thou cuntrags? Everything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:37 PM

i couldn't give a damn what the 'majority' do....what they drink doesnt' affect me.  Nasty commercial conventional store bought milk - now that's gross. 

Quoting joci2203: Do you think the majority drink raw? Anyhow, doesn't change facts.

Quoting Anonymous:

hmmmm....since i started drinking raw milk, my health has improved drastically, and so has my skin and digestion...no more stomache or gut aches, and no more yeast problems either. 

Quoting joci2203: The human body can't digest it properly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

It's nasty. It's meant for baby cows.

Milking cows for human consumption are forced too over produce therefore their teets become cracked which leads to puss and blood in the milk.

There are proteins many humans cannot digest.

Once again-just nasty. There are other ways to get calcium.

over40bride
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:38 PM

I don't get all the uproar about milk. We as humans have been drinking it for years.

There are so many toxins in everything. Hell, the air we breathe for one.

I like 1% milk. Love it ice cold with certain foods. Pancakes, cookies, chocolate, ect.

All my family has drunk milk with no health problems.

cyork2
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:38 PM
I love milk, and so does my family. Idgf what everyone else says
sara82lee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Milk is deadly?? Bahahahaaa!
JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Go to the grocery store and read the labels. Most (being over 50%) of the milk will have a logo noting no growth hormones used. In our local stores all but the cheapest milk is growth hormone free.
Quoting Anonymous: Most? I'll take a citation, please.

Quoting JamesMom714: Most farmers no longer use growth hormones. Just check the labels and you can see.

Quoting Anonymous: "Why are some consumer groups worried about the safety of milk from cows that are given this hormone?

The Consumers Union, the Cancer Prevention Coalition, and other groups are concerned that milk from cows that have been injected with bGH may be harmful to humans. They point out that bGH has been banned in Europe and Canada."

Quoting Dzyre1115:

There's no more wrong with milk than any other thing you eat or drink, including water, it's all toxic so......

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
withsecond
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:39 PM
If you don't want to drink it, don't.
Raw milk comes from healthy cows. Cows that eat what they're meant to eat. They aren't sick so the milk they produce is healthy and perfectly safe to consume.
She's not talking about the surface of the cows being clean, she's talking about them being healthier all around.

Quoting Anonymous: It has nothing to do with the surface cleanliness of cows. SMH. I wouldn't really care if you choose to endanger yourself, but you're promoting this on a public site and probably feeding it to your kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

yes it can be if it comes from dirty cows...however, our farm is clean, and the cows are well cared for with ample acreage to graze on fresh grass and thimothy.

Quoting Anonymous: Raw milk is potentially deadly. Science. Learn it. Love it.

http://www.fda.gov/Food/ResourcesForYou/consumers/ucm079516.htm

http://m.motherjones.com/environment/2012/09/is-raw-milk-safe-e-coli

Quoting Anonymous:

Raw milk is delicious and nutritious

Kerannmer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:39 PM

I occasionally buy raw milk for my daughter (although it is VERY hard to get where I live, as well as illegal) or goat's milk. Other than that, she and my husband use nut milk; I use coconut. I'm not a big fan of cow's milk, for various reasons. I won't ever turn my nose up at a good cheese, though! :)

Sparkler16
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Sugar, fat and hormones. I use it for something's but if my girls want to drink milk I give them coconut milk or almond milk. They really like the coconut milk. It's a bit thicker than the almond and has less sugar, less calories and more calcium than milk.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN