Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Never go to bed angry...do you listen to this saying?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

My husband and I are fighting BIG TIME today. I won't go into why, but he still pissed off and sleeping downstairs on the couch. He's choice, not mine. I have always heard this being said that in marriage you never go to sleep with an argument unsettled or go to sleep angry.

What is the longest you and your spouse slept apart or went without speaking to each other? It's moments like this, I think the saying is CRAP!  It just might be good for us to sleep apart and just not speak for a while. I love him, but he said some things to me that I can't get out of my head right now and the thought of him laying next to me makes me sick.  It's for his own safety and our marriage that he stay the fuck away from me.

I find myself thinking "I'll die one day and this will all be over".

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
texansmommy
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Nope I go to bed angry sometimes...and mostly wake up and apologize in the morning.
MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:24 AM
I don't stay angry long enough for all that.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:25 AM

nope. that's the dumbest marriage advice.  i've went to bed so pissed off, i was sure i would choke him in his sleep.  we're usually over it by the next morning.

i think the longest we've ever went without talking is 2 days. we're both pretty stubborn.

wonderstruck11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:26 AM

DH and I rarely get into big fights, but for us, we usually like spending a moment on our own to rear back our tempers. Usually after thinking about it alone for a bit, we get back together and we are able to calmly talk about what our problem was. To many things hurtful things get said when you are mad, both of us had that problem with our ex's.

SouthernBiscuit
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:27 AM
We have gone to bed with unsettled arguments. The thing is, my DH would think that everything was fine while I would just be fuming. He'd roll over and fall asleep and I would cry myself to sleep. Lots of resentment has harbored itself in my heart.
Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Sometimes it's best for us to take time, collect ourselves, mindfully think about the situation and our part in it and then agree to come together at the end of the week to talk about it. If we get upset and can't stay calm we stop and wait a few more days until we are both calm again.
It's something I learned in one of Thich Nhat Hanh's books (Creating True Peace, I think was the title). It's the best advice we've gotten for our marriage.
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Nope I dont agree with that rule, sometimes its better to sleep on it and talk later
OrientalLily
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:30 AM
We go to bed angry on a regular basis. If not, I may do or say something I will regret. He and I are both very stubborn and very opinionated. So, our marriage is "exciting" to say the least...
We have gone for an entire week without speaking. He left and went to his parents that week. I missed him, but I haven't slept that well in years!!!!!! Obviously, we got past it and he came home.
daisybaby91
by lipstick on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
We're going to bed mad tonight. Id rather him sleep on the couch than us get more irritated at eachother because we tried to talk before our tempers cooled. Aaaand i get our king size bed to myself and dont have to listen to him snore or get rolled on, kicked, elbowed in my sleep. He is an... active sleeper lmao.

Id rather us not be fighting and him be in bed with me, but whatever.
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:34 AM
Lol at the "for his own safety" comment. I go to sleep mad and find that I have a more clear head in the morning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)