Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

America the Rude

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:40 AM
  • 10 Replies

Have you seen this on demand video yet? I highly suggest it! Yes, it's a bit cheesy, and DATED (1980's flash back), however, it's FILLED with so much truth that still exists today here in America! It's crazy how many of my friends and I have recently been talking about the dissolving of the public schools educational system, because there is a portion in this video that speaks to that very issue! It is SO good, and so truthful, it re-instates what I fully believe, that it STARTS at home! It STARTS with the parents, and it is the parents faults for the consequences occurring today.

This is a video that we had to watch in one of my classes.

Here's the link, sorry I don't know how to make it clicky, someone else will have to. It's 25 mins long, the portion of the decline in the educational system starts at about 18 mins.

http://digital.films.com/play/4WQWY4

So what do you think? Truth to this or not? Why?

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abrine7673
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Never seen it but as an American I can say that I am thoroughly dissatisfied with my country. My dd isn't even in school yet but based on everything I have heard I am considering homeschool.
inspain
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:44 AM

People are far more rude in the country I live in now.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:50 AM
4 moms liked this

I have been all over the world and people are the same all over the world.  There are nice people, rude people, honest people, dishonest people, loving people, hate filled people and doesn't matter where you go you will encounter bad. I am a person who focuses on the good around me so I always have fun and enjoy myself wherever I am.  My son goes to a private school and I love it but he was thriving in the public schools before we made the switch.  We are active parents and realize education doesn't end at school it starts and ends at home.  We are our sons first and most important educators.  The teachers are important and my son has to motivate himself and put forth the effort.  The world hasn't changed all that much and if you look back every generation thinks the one behind them is just awful.lol

ExquisiteMomof2
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Quoting abrine7673: Never seen it but as an American I can say that I am thoroughly dissatisfied with my country. My dd isn't even in school yet but based on everything I have heard I am considering homeschool.

My children are not school aged yet either, and we are interviewing schools when the time comes, we have certain criteria that the schools must meet. If we can't find one, we will be homeschooling as well.

ExquisiteMomof2
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Quoting inspain:

Where do you live?

ExquisiteMomof2
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I absolutely agree with the red portion. That's how we are as well. I think that the blue part you are speaking of societal changes more or less, what society deems appropiate vs not appropiate. In terms of being rude, and tacky, I think rudeness and ill behavior is generally more accepted, because people (namely parents) do not want to deal with it, or don't know how to. There's a lot more self gratification going on these days then there ever was before, and because of that, people are all about "me". Basically who do they have to screw over to make it to the top.

I think as a society, not only here in the US, we do get ruder and ruder by the generation. What was acceptable and not in the previous generation is manipulated and changed, thus standards are different.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been all over the world and people are the same all over the world.  There are nice people, rude people, honest people, dishonest people, loving people, hate filled people and doesn't matter where you go you will encounter bad. I am a person who focuses on the good around me so I always have fun and enjoy myself wherever I am.  My son goes to a private school and I love it but he was thriving in the public schools before we made the switch.  We are active parents and realize education doesn't end at school it starts and ends at home.  We are our sons first and most important educators.  The teachers are important and my son has to motivate himself and put forth the effort.  The world hasn't changed all that much and if you look back every generation thinks the one behind them is just awful.lol

SouthernBiscuit
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Same here...

Quoting abrine7673: Never seen it but as an American I can say that I am thoroughly dissatisfied with my country. My dd isn't even in school yet but based on everything I have heard I am considering homeschool.
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:42 AM
I'm guessing Spain, from her screen name, inspain

Quoting ExquisiteMomof2:

Quoting inspain:

Where do you live?

ExquisiteMomof2
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

lol, I didn't catch that. I'm still trying to wake up. Had a LONG night with a sick toddler. =/ My coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Quoting TranquilMind: I'm guessing Spain, from her screen name, inspain

Quoting ExquisiteMomof2:

Quoting inspain:

Where do you live?

inspain
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Costa Rica.

Quoting ExquisiteMomof2:

Quoting inspain:

Where do you live?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)