Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm hopeless..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

It's been over a year since my daughter's dad cheated on me and left us in the dust. I still think about him every day and hurt over what could have been. I hate him, but part of me aches and misses him every day.. Even though he is a full blown sociopath. I've tried dating and it didn't feel right at all. 

I have never felt this way about a person before. When does it end? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:06 AM

I have no clue but here's a hug and a bump momma!

Okie-chick
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Be glad you're not still with him and him just cheating behind your back. He's better off gone. Not worth the heartache. You'll eventually find someone better and forget about the douche
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:27 AM
(((Hugs))) I have been there, not the father of my children, but the cheating part. My HS sweetheart cheated on me during our freshman year in college, I was devastated, I didn't move away to college because we were supposed to be together. It took time, I visually dated and didn't feel right about it, I felt as if I was cheating. I was told by his mother, funny I know, that it didn't feel right because I had given my whole heart to someone and they just shattered it. Yup, makes sense. When I met my DH, I told him from the beginning, I could only give him what was left of a broken heart, even though it had been yet as since I was cheated on, he slowly put those pieces back together. Now here's the biggie, the ex, who cheated on me, we ran into each other at our 10 year HS reunion, and be broke down and apologized for ever hurting me, how he wondered how our lives would have been different if we would have gotten married, had kids, traveled the world, blah, blah, blah. He admitted he still thinks of me and how he had always known how much he loved me...I can BS or he wouldn't have cheated. He even told my DH how lucky he was to have me as his wife and apart of his life. My DH, being the sarcastic ass he is, dhole the ex' shams and said, "no thank you, if you wouldn't have broken her heart, I would have never had the chance to meet this incredible woman"! BAM! THE EX walked away with his tail between his legs. It will get better sweetie, just give it time :)
Schmoopi
by QueenOfAllThings on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:29 AM

When you let it. A year is enough time to grieve it. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move forward. Being comfortable with YOU is really important before you add someone else into the mix.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)