Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have a kinda urgent icky and question TMI WARNING

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
DS is 3 1/2 and woke up a couple hours ago puking. I've never had to deal with puking kids so I'm not sure how to handle it/ what to do.

The first time he puked it was bright pinkish red...a lot. Hrs puked almost every five - ten minutes since... But Jr kinda just burps a bunch like he's dry having/choking, then will throw up a glob of almost foamy looking thick orange mucousy looking stuff...

Is this normal??? Looks like no sleep for me tonight. Gotta watch him and see when he's gonna puke and get him over the bucket:( poor baby
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jmart18255
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:34 AM

ok did he eat/drink anything red today? that could account for the pinkish red puke. orangy mucous foam im not sure about out of 5 kids i've never dealt with that. make sure you keep him hydrated pedialyte will help with that. 

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:35 AM
2 moms liked this

The orange mucus is his stomach acids...make sure you brush his teeth and get him some water...he will throw it up but it's better than throwing up his stomach acid...

It's normal but just make sure he stay hydrated and GOOD LUCK momma!

brittybby2010
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Possibly something he ate? Think back  and see if he's recently eaten anything of that color. If not, I'd call the hospital and ask if you should bring him in. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:36 AM
No...no pink or orange/red food....glass of crancherry juice with breakfast that's it....

Don't have pedialyte in hand...he tried to drink a little water to rinse his mouth out and threw it back up almost instantly

Quoting jmart18255:

ok did he eat/drink anything red today? that could account for the pinkish red puke. orangy mucous foam im not sure about out of 5 kids i've never dealt with that. make sure you keep him hydrated pedialyte will help with that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:37 AM
So I want him to drink water to throw up? Cuz it's almost instantaneously after he drinks it....hell never get any sleep :(

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

The orange mucus is his stomach acids...make sure you brush his teeth and get him some water...he will throw it up but it's better than throwing up his stomach acid...

Caera
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Crancherry juice is red, so there ya go.

Sounds like he's got a stomach bug. Unpleasant, but not usually a real problem.

Quoting Anonymous: No...no pink or orange/red food....glass of crancherry juice with breakfast that's it....

Don't have pedialyte in hand...he tried to drink a little water to rinse his mouth out and threw it back up almost instantly

Quoting jmart18255:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:39 AM
No urgent care here...he's not really choking...just kinda coughs like he is til the glob of stuff comes out...its hard to explain but I've never seen anyone throw up like that before

Quoting Anonymous:

What did he eat? and take him to ER or urgent care right away if it's far away call 911

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Well you can give him something to drink and let him throw it back up or you can go to the hospital with him when he get dehydrated...it's your pick momma...It only takes a little bit for a child to dehydrate!

Quoting Anonymous: So I want him to drink water to throw up? Cuz it's almost instantaneously after he drinks it....hell never get any sleep :(

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

keeler_s
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:42 AM
Sometimes with a tummy bug it could have been brewing since this morning. Depending on what he ate the cranberry juice could bw causing the color even if it was from this morning. I woukd try to keep him hydrated the best you can. I wouldn't run out to er or urgent care unless you are noticing signs of dehydration or if hes in pain. Sounds like a normal tummy bug that should pass.
The foam can be caused from constant swallowing of spit to try to keep from puking. It happens to me amd I will burp it up rather than letting my vomit flow.

Good Luck!

Just remember hes your son and no one knows him better than you, if you feel like something isnt right take him in.

Quoting Anonymous: No...no pink or orange/red food....glass of crancherry juice with breakfast that's it....

Quoting jmart18255:

bowribbonmama
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:44 AM
Better than puking up stomach acid.
Try some dry toast.

Quoting Anonymous: So I want him to drink water to throw up? Cuz it's almost instantaneously after he drinks it....hell never get any sleep :(

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)