Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fired!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I got fired from my minimum wage job today. Honestly I don't care so much because hubby makes good money but I just wanted extra spending money for things we can't really afford like designer bags and clothes.But today I was ill and had expressed this multiple times to my boss multiple times throughout the day. Someone didn't show up for work today so I was made to do extra work.Okay no big deal I agreed.My boss said I need you yo do these things but after your done you can leave so I did everything he asked.When I was finally done and exhausted I went to tell him and he dropped another workload on me because another person did not come in.I refused so he fired me.I did a lot of hard work for this company I feel like shit it was only 7.40 but still I've never been fired before.I have seen coworkers curse my boss out for asking them to do more work I kindly declined and that was it fired!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Bump
kaysha
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
That sucks. Sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:00 AM
Just get a different minimum wage job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:02 AM
Bosses know the ones they can depend on and the ones they can't. They probably had you in the category of dependable. So when you said no he got pissed. I didn't get fired but I ended up leaving for the doctor. My boss was pissed. If I can't see what do you expect. Favorites are also a issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:02 AM
Thanks

Quoting kaysha: That sucks. Sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:04 AM
Than I honestly feel like that was it plus I'm very nice so sometimes I get walked all over but today after coming in two hours early by request and being in so much pain I just couldnt do it anymore

Quoting Anonymous: Bosses know the ones they can depend on and the ones they can't. They probably had you in the category of dependable. So when you said no he got pissed. I didn't get fired but I ended up leaving for the doctor. My boss was pissed. If I can't see what do you expect. Favorites are also a issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this
You most likely can get unemployment now depending on how long you worked there.
epuffer
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:10 AM

call hr

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:18 AM

Who in their right mind would work a minimum wage job just to get designer clothes and bags?  It would take 2 weeks wages to buy a purse.  Where is the logic there?  My time is way more valuable than that! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:20 AM

If you were so happy being fired, you wouldn't have even waited to get fired, you would've resigned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)