Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it rude

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

My son's 6th birthday party is coming up. Is it rude if I ask for amazon gift certificates as a gift (when asked what he would want)? That way I can pool them together to buy him one of the expensive items he really wants.  What if not asked?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
plumbobtoggle
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:32 AM

I don't think it would be rude if you explained to them why. I would rather a parent tell me that so that the child could have something they really really wanted.

Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:33 AM
1 mom liked this

If they ask  you  can tell them.  People  do things differently now.  But   that's ONLY  if they ask.  If you bring it up  it would be rude.

Lala06
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:34 AM

agree ^^

justone_jen
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:35 AM
Yep.

Quoting Bonnie_:

If they ask  you  can tell them.  People  do things differently now.  But   that's ONLY  if they ask.  If you bring it up  it would be rude.

SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:40 AM

Quoting Bonnie_:

Hey, If they ask.... Tell them what he wants.

A Amazon Card .

GirlWithANikon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:41 AM

ive asked family to do that, I probably would not ask his friends parents to however for the party.

Toonkasmommy
by Challenger 💗 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:42 AM
Yep.

Quoting Bonnie_:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)