Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ALCOHOL... SHOULD BE BANNED.. ALL DRINKERS ARE ACCOMPLICES TO THOSE WHO BEAT THEIR WIVES, DRIVE DRUNK AND KILL PEOPLE ETC!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 344 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you agree with me?

Options:

YES

NO

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 324

View Results

I think Drinking alcohol is kind of like playing Russian Roulette! 1 in 6 people who drink become addicted to alcohol. So it is the same as if you took a revolver and placed one bullet in the gun and spun it around and then pulled the trigger.. The results for you could be fine.. I mean you could run around laughing afterwards "SEE IT DIDN'T HURT ME!" But if you handed that gun to someone else and said spin it and join the fun.. If you handed my kid that gun and he shot his brains out.. HOW MUCH FUN IS IT NOW? Not so much fun right?! 

Well I see it like this.. EVERY DRINKER is guilty of building our national complacency about alcohol. It is fine for some.. and those people are the ones the drunks and alcoholics use to explain away.. see he can do it.. he's a fine father, has  a great career.. ETC.

But when it has destroyed MILLIONS of homes, ruined the lives of billions of children who are bearing the scars from beatings and abuse and verbal assaults they either had to live through or watch happen to their mom or dad due to one person's abuse of the drink.. Frankly I think Alcohol should be banned!! Yes I know it was tried before.. Yes I know it didn't work.. However I also know that in itself proves our nation then and now has FAR TOO GREAT A RELIANCE ON LIQUOR AND ANY FORM OF ALCOHOL! 

And it proves one thing.. If you can't and or don't want to find another way to "relax", "Let down your hair" or "Socialize.." THEN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM ALREADY! And you are one of the people being harmed by this product.. Oh it may not have your life in total destruction YET... But.. How long will it be?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:54 AM
15 moms liked this

as should caps locks

Happily married to the best man and father in the world! <3

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:55 AM
7 moms liked this

I disagree. I drink at least one glass of wine with dinner every night. I also drink socially most weekends. 

I was born and raised in Italy though and that is 100% normal. 

Only the US seems to have such big problems. 

lovemercygrace
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:55 AM

No, I do not. We don't drink, by choice, I would not want Prohibition all over again.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM
14 moms liked this
Yeah, because last time it worked wonders...
Crack open a history book, why don't you?
tinybluemoon
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM

But...but..but what about the 21st amendment?

TheSilence
by Remember Me on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:57 AM
13 moms liked this
Of course it's the alcohols fault, not at all the fault of the abusers or douche bags who drive under the influence.
Of course there's no personal responsibility. Let's just ban it all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:58 AM
3 moms liked this

I think  most of what you said can apply to so many different things.  Gambling is legal but can ruin lives in much the same way.   Some people can gamble occasionally and thats it but for others it becomes a problem.  They can't stop, then they start to lie to cover it up, to do illegal things so they have more money to gamble with, etc.  But that doesn't mean everyone in the world should have to stop doing it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:59 AM

Has Capitalization(as in punctuation markings) killed anyone? Irritated maybe. But not killed.. Alcohol that can't be said for..

Alcohol affects coordination and judgment long before people appear to be intoxicated, experts say. During the holidays, alcohol-related car accidents

Quoting justpeachy71904:

as should caps locks

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:00 AM

Quoting momto2boys973: Yeah, because last time it worked wonders...
Crack open a history book, why don't you?

PLEASE READ WHAT I WROTE..

Frankly I think Alcohol should be banned!! Yes I know it was tried before.. Yes I know it didn't work.. However I also know that in itself proves our nation then and now has FAR TOO GREAT A RELIANCE ON LIQUOR AND ANY FORM OF ALCOHOL! 

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:02 AM
6 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

I disagree. I drink at least one glass of wine with dinner every night. I also drink socially most weekends. 

I was born and raised in Italy though and that is 100% normal. 

Only the US seems to have such big problems. 

I agree. My personal theory is that in the U.S alcohol is such a taboo fueled by people lacking perspective, like the OP, that it becomes this mystery every young person just can't wait to try. You even see it in the media, how going into college is like opening the door to getting wasted every day because now you can legally do it.
I also don't live in the U.S and sure, we do have alcoholics and drunks, but it seems not to the extent the U.S seems to have that problem.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)