Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pick your punishment......

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:28 AM
  • 0 Replies

We let our older dd pick her punishment. Okay now let me explaine it's not like she gets to pick anything she wants. We give her two to pick from. One that is right away and fairly short and one that puts off the start of it, but is longer. For expamle She can hand over her ds (viedo game, not son lol) and loose it for 1 week. Or she can keep playing it for that day (this naormally comes up if she takes it with us to my in laws) and I'll take it starting the next day and she will not get it back for 1 month.

Other ones have been go to bed 1hr early tonight or no tv for 2 weeks.

Stuff like that. It's always intresting to see which she picks. She's 11yrs old so she knows one is much longer then the other.

Oh just thought of another one, at one point we had taken her ds and she was very close to getting it back, we were going to the in laws and she really wanted to take it with her so she could play with her cousins. So she asked (we always encourage asking, because sometimes she does get time off for good behavior) a report card was also comming soon. So we told her she could ethier wait out the punishment and get it back when we said she would or if she was sure her grades were good and we'd be happy with what we saw she could have it back then but if her grades weren't what we wanted she would have it taken until the end of the school year.

We do this so she really thinks about things.

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)