Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Degree's in Travel Tourism & Hospitality!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:30 AM
  • 8 Replies

Does anyone have a degree in this? I am almost done with my associates degree in this but am wondering if it was a mistake to go for this. I have worked in hotels for years  and not sure if it will help me get any farther in my career path, am wondering if there is anyone else out there that has a degree in this and what kind of place they currently work? I would also love to hear from anyone else that has any kind of associates degree and what they do now and weather or not you are still enjoying your job and apx. how much you are making right now.... It's never to late for me to change my mind right??

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:32 AM
No personal experience but it sounds kind of like a useless degree
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Bump
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:01 AM

with the age of internet booking, I didn't even know that degree still existed!

Greenenvy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Pre interenet when such things as travel agencies were in demand and needed for travel i could see it being a useful degree. These days though not so much unless you want to open your own hotel or maybe manage a really nice hotel or chain.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:08 AM
I know someone who works in travel. She works with Expedia and travels all over the world. She does something in operations, so she has to go to their offices globally. Sounds like fun to me, but with any job, I'm sure it has it's downsides!
ThisMom128
by That Mom on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:30 AM

I use to dream about being able to open my own hotel one day... but with the cost of that being in the millions its exactly that just a dream...But I'm going to keep dreaming!!.. I have mostly worked for  coastal beachey independant hotel's for the last 10 years.

Quoting Greenenvy: Pre interenet when such things as travel agencies were in demand and needed for travel i could see it being a useful degree. These days though not so much unless you want to open your own hotel or maybe manage a really nice hotel or chain.

ThisMom128
by That Mom on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:32 AM

That sounds like a AWSOME job!! defiantly something i should look into, I heard AAA does things like this also.

Quoting Anonymous: I know someone who works in travel. She works with Expedia and travels all over the world. She does something in operations, so she has to go to their offices globally. Sounds like fun to me, but with any job, I'm sure it has it's downsides!

ThisMom128
by That Mom on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:35 AM

It's not only booking it  also has alot to do with managing Hotels and Restaurants

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

with the age of internet booking, I didn't even know that degree still existed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)