Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st grade math homework. WTF..

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:31 AM
  • 220 Replies
10 moms liked this

What the hell is this crap?  Is it just to early to comprehend this or am I just that math dumb LOL, Even the example don't make sense to me.  I think I'm going to email the teacher and ask her to start sending home instruction manuals for this stuff LOL,   How am i supposed to help my kid with his homework when i don't even understand it. 

Thank you to those who pointed out the pattern and explained to me how this works.   I'm sure i would have gotten it eventually but i really needed the help this morning LOL..

To those who are calling us who couldn't figure it out right away idiots.  I really hope that you are not in any type of teaching, management or training position.  And i really hope you don't call your own children idiots for not understanding a simple math problem.   Everybody learns differently and needs things explained to them in a different way.   Once you find that way its clicks and BAM they get it.  I have trained many employee's in at my job,  Some who got it right away and some who needed just that little extra explanation and I would never call any of them a idiot.   I always tell them their is no such thing as a stupid question.  We need to ask questions to learn

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:32 AM
4 moms liked this

I remember those.

Refrain from e-mailing the teacher, it's simple. I think you're just too tired right now. It's a fun, puzzle kind of thing.

(Example: Page 3)

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:32 AM
8 moms liked this
When you go from right to left the number goes up one. When you go up and down it goes up by ten. It's trying to get them to shift gears quickly.
onaflowers
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Look at the patterns.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:33 AM
14 moms liked this

welcome to the COMMON CORE

two4one
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:33 AM

The ones going across increase by ones. The ones going down increase by tens.

beerabitch69
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:34 AM
5 moms liked this

just wait till Jr High. 

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:34 AM
2 moms liked this
#2....the top empty block would be 72. The blocks to the left of 82 would be 80 &81.

Imagine a giant numbered grid. Each problem is a little section of that grid. Just plug in the missing numbers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:34 AM
7 moms liked this

Oh good lord! You are that stupid! Sorry! Calm down and realize its basic number patterns.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

You dumb as fuckif you don't understand this 

onaflowers
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Like number 4 is 80 81 82 then 72 down. 62 63 64 and 54 down.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured