Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What happens when I go back to work?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

I have been a sahm for two years now. I love being a sahm! I love cooking, cleaning, Nd taking care of my family. Sadly, I need to go back to work to help provide financially. I have been applying for anything and everything, with no call backs yet. Anyway I went to bed early last night. Right after dh got home and I serves him dinner. When I woke up the house was a wreck. He left all his dirty dishes out, didn't put the left overs away so the cats got into it, his clothes where everywhere. Ugh! It made me so mad! I realized thT in the past two years dh has become so lazy. My kids 6 and 2 clean up after themselves better. 

I'm not really a *neat freak* but I can't stand clutter and mess. 

Another thing that dh does that drives me crazy is - he takes his work slacks off and lays them on the dresser or on the shelfs in the closet. Seriously?! Man child, how hard is it to pick up after yourself. He said I was being "mean" this morning. Yeah, well I do t feel like cleaning you mess up reform I even had my coffee. I really do love him, he is just spoiled rotten now. If I where staying home it wouldn't be a big deal but when I start working I'm not doing it all. 

*end rant*

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Sorry for typos. My toddler is doing baby yoga on me lol

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:55 AM
2 moms liked this

you tell DH to man up and start helping

it takes both people to make a house run when you are both working

SAHMJC
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:56 AM
You are going to have to make it clear that once you start work, housework will be divided 50/50. Sounds like he's in for a rude awakening
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Yeah I had the same problem, but me and dh switched roles. I got offered a good job so he became the sahd. The house was disgusting, every dish was dirty, mountains of laundry, rooms were trashed..... I simply told him I will deep clean on only one of my days off and twenty minutes each day after work and that I EXPECTED him to meet me and do the same.

The house was never filthy again but it was never spotless. It was what could be expected of a sahd. Try to negotiate with your dh and even out the cleaning time.
LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have the discussion that if he can't pull his shit together then I can't look for a job because obviously im to needed at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:58 AM

He is terrible at cleaning. He just shoves stuff under the bed, in the closet...

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

dancer
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:59 AM

u can't be a sahm anymore?  need the money?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Quoting Anonymous: Yeah I had the same problem, but me and dh switched roles. I got offered a good job so he became the sahd. The house was disgusting, every dish was dirty, mountains of laundry, rooms were trashed..... I simply told him I will deep clean on only one of my days off and twenty minutes each day after work and that I EXPECTED him to meet me and do the same.

The house was never filthy again but it was never spotless. It was what could be expected of a sahd. Try to negotiate with your dh and even out the cleaning time.
No offense but you sound like a doormat. You shouldn't have to do anything major cleaning if you are working and he isn't.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:00 AM

just like with a kid, you have to pick your battles. If you bitch at him all the time that things are not done to your standards, then he will quit helping all together

Quoting Anonymous:

He is terrible at cleaning. He just shoves stuff under the bed, in the closet...

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

heathers5500
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:00 AM

You'll have to work twice as hard

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)