Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

underage teens caught having sex should be jailed.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't  think they should actually be jailed but the level of sexually active kids in highschool is disturbing. Something needs to be done to curb these kids from this kind of behavior. When I was in high school there were girls who were sexually active and then  those that were overly active but there  were not as many.  I was having a conversation with my dd last night and we were looking at her facebook and it was disturbing on a whole new level.   Most of the girls she knows are sexually active.  Girls being passed around from guy to guy and the girls are bragging about it.  There are actual places in the school that have names like blow job alley which is a hallway in the school.  Perhaps if the consequences for ones actions were much more severe these kids would think twice about doing what they are doing.  Granted kids are still going to have sex but perhaps places like blow job ally would not exist.

*Edited**   I don't actually think these kids should go to jail. i was being over dramatic.  But i do think that something needs to be done. These kids are openly brgagging on fb about having sex on school property. During school hours.  The school has to be aware at leat on some level whats going on.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Replies (31-40):
KiKi-Love
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:34 AM
I'm speaking of teens living with their parents. Most teens are not enrolled in an university at the age of 17....

Quoting highlandmum:

Control where your child goes?  How are you going to do that?  At 17 I was living away from home at university.  How would my parents control where I go, they are not around.  They taught me to respect myself and have pride in myself - yes I was with my boyfriend and yes we had sex.  But it was no fault of my parents it was my decision and one that I look back on and cannot decide if it was a good experience or bad one.  But it is a decision I live with.

How is it a parent fail to let a girl go out with a boy?  It is possible for a girls to have a male friend.

Quoting KiKi-Love: I see parent fails all over the place. Parents let their teens hang out with teen boys who just want sex. Why not control where your kid goes? Seems like a lot of parents don't care, and let their kids run wild. My neighbors for example... I see their teen girls with boys ALL THE TIME. I even caught them giving blow jobs behind their house. Only 15, and known as a town whore among the losers. Now thats messed up.

Quoting CABZS: Whatever happened to blaming the parents?

I was told I was crazy to teach my kids to wait as long as possible, to make sure they are in love. I was laughed at.

Sex is a game to many anymore, it isn't about love anymore which is sad.

Fyi I teach my kids about safe sex as well. We are very open about things in my home.

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:37 AM

at 15 im hoping to be able to start to trust mine, give him chances to make up his own mind, the same way my parents did with me.   by 15 i was working part time, i had many friends of both sexes, although i wasnt sleeping with any of them at that age.  i did smoke pot but that was the worst thing i did.  my mom probably thought i was doing much much more than i really was

Quoting KiKi-Love: I was a sneaky teen myself. I know all the tricks, and my kids will hate me for that. I WILL
control where they go. I could careless what my kids say. I'm the parent , my word goes.

Quoting l.a.m.b:

by the time i was 15 my parents couldnt control where i went.  sure i would go to someones house or meet up with a girlfriend. but plans change, some of my friends by that time drove and had cars or we would walk to meet up with this guy or that girl.

Quoting KiKi-Love: I see parent fails all over the place. Parents let their teens hang out with teen boys who just want sex. Why not control where your kid goes? Seems like a lot of parents don't care, and let their kids run wild. My neighbors for example... I see their teen girls with boys ALL THE TIME. I even caught them giving blow jobs behind their house. Only 15, and known as a town whore among the losers. Now thats messed up.

I was told I was crazy to teach my kids to wait as long as possible, to make sure they are in love. I was laughed at.

Fyi I teach my kids about safe sex as well. We are very open about things in my home.

staceysgorbach
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. This was never around til now! Damn the generation of today!
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
But if at 17, you cannot partially take care of yourself, the failure was long before that.
And I don't think my mom failed because I was having sex in high school. I think the failure would have been if I was completely unaware of how to protect myself (babies and STI's.)

Do I hope my kids don't do as I did, of course. Do I think I came out worse for my experiences, nope and would probably do it again, if I had to do over.

Quoting KiKi-Love: I'm speaking of teens living with their parents. Most teens are not enrolled in an university at the age of 17....

Quoting highlandmum:

Control where your child goes?  How are you going to do that?  At 17 I was living away from home at university.  How would my parents control where I go, they are not around.  They taught me to respect myself and have pride in myself - yes I was with my boyfriend and yes we had sex.  But it was no fault of my parents it was my decision and one that I look back on and cannot decide if it was a good experience or bad one.  But it is a decision I live with.

How is it a parent fail to let a girl go out with a boy?  It is possible for a girls to have a male friend.

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I cannot control where my 15 y/o is at all times, nor do I want to.  She's in various activities that enrich her life and I would not want to take her out of them, just because I fear she will be with a boy alone for 15 minutes.  In fact, she goes out of town on trips where there are boys in the same hotel as her.  And yes, there are adults, but I'm not going to rely on them 100%

So, I make sure my daughter is protected and educated.  I trust that she will make the right decisions.  I keep tabs on what she's doing and keep an open dialogue with her.  

Quoting l.a.m.b:

by the time i was 15 my parents couldnt control where i went.  sure i would go to someones house or meet up with a girlfriend. but plans change, some of my friends by that time drove and had cars or we would walk to meet up with this guy or that girl.

LadyVoldemort
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
This. It's nothing new! Just easier to hear about

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Blow Job Alley = Make Out Mountain = Lover's Lane

The only thing new is the name and probably the location. 

The problem now is social media and the bragging is easier to spread around. Anyone who has been in HS knows full well that just b/c someone SAYS they had sex, doesn't mean they have. 

babygirl_1012
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:42 AM

I have seen that too, and I work at a middle school. It is scary especially since I have a 6yo daughter who will be in middle school before I know it! It is hard to figure out what to do to curb this. I openly talk to her about things and she knows she can ask me anything, so I am hoping she talks to me before doing anything stupid. I just hope, me being disappointed of her actions, would be enough to make sure she doesnt do something like that. Its a scary scary world!

idunno1234
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say your kids haven't reached their teen years yet.

Quoting KiKi-Love: I was a sneaky teen myself. I know all the tricks, and my kids will hate me for that. I WILL

control where they go. I could careless what my kids say. I'm the parent , my word goes.

Quoting l.a.m.b:

omm76002
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:45 AM
No but it isbecoming more common for 16 yo going to community colleges. And guess what no one watches you there. The simple fact is, parents can try but their kids can get around it.

Quoting KiKi-Love: I'm speaking of teens living with their parents. Most teens are not enrolled in an university at the age of 17....

Quoting highlandmum:

l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:47 AM

i hope i able to be like that with my son when hes a teen.  if hes not giving me a reason not to trust him, im not going to look for one.  

Quoting dandylynes:

I cannot control where my 15 y/o is at all times, nor do I want to.  She's in various activities that enrich her life and I would not want to take her out of them, just because I fear she will be with a boy alone for 15 minutes.  In fact, she goes out of town on trips where there are boys in the same hotel as her.  And yes, there are adults, but I'm not going to rely on them 100%

So, I make sure my daughter is protected and educated.  I trust that she will make the right decisions.  I keep tabs on what she's doing and keep an open dialogue with her.  

Quoting l.a.m.b:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN