Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your pet have a microchip?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

Poll

Question: Do your pets have a microchip?

Options:

yes

no

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 54

View Results

We took in a stray dog awhile ago. She has no microchip and no one is looking for her. We plan on getting her a microchip. Since taking her in I have joined a few missing pets pages and groups on FB. There are so many missing pets. It is unreal. Most of the time there are found postings, and rarely do you see those owners looking. The ones who are actually looking can't seem to find their missing pet. It's sad.

Even if you have an indoor only cat it would be a good idea to get them chipped. Cats are fast and can escape quickly, sometimes without you even knowing. Then you may never see them again because someone could think they are just a stray and keep them.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Yes. They both do.
baquick
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Yes mine do. I lost a dog over the summer that didn't though. It was so sad for my 3yr old. It was a week before his birthday :-( I though he had been, but we never did it.
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:59 AM

No pets, so no.

My pets were all chipped growing up though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:59 AM
No but my cats are exclusively indoors as they are declawed. Back off crazies. I DIDN'T declaw them..I adopted them from the animal shelter that way.
catcameback
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

All 3 do, it's doubtful that they will ever run away, but you never know.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Mine doesn't. I don't really know why. We've just never had it done. She gets regular vet care, but I never think about while we're there.
balagan_imma
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Our cats all are, but ironically, the dog is not. Our dog the wanderer. We got him from a friend and have not had it done. Luckily the entire area knows who this dog is and where he belongs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:01 AM
No our dog doesn't.
I would like to have him chipped though.

I'm going to look into the cost. Right now we are paying for other things for him . He has something going on where he gets bad skin irritation causing him to scratch and gnaw at himself. It then becomes a yeast infection because of all the moisture. When he is on a steroid it doesn't happen. I'd rather not keep him on steroids all the time though. My poor fur baby !
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:01 AM
It's okay let the crazies go after me
My cat is declawed on ALL her paws front and back.
To the OP my cat yes my small dog yes my other 2 dogs no but will be soon.

Quoting Anonymous: No but my cats are exclusively indoors as they are declawed. Back off crazies. I DIDN'T declaw them..I adopted them from the animal shelter that way.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Dog yes, cats no, they are indoor only.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)