Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm off PA!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this

I did it by Extreme Couponing!!  That's right, I started couponing and now we don't need Food Stamps or Cash Assistance.  I have a stock pile, I spend less than twenty dollars a week to feed my family of four, and I buy at least two hundred dollars worth of stuff per week.  It takes time and effort but it's worth every minute I spend doing it because I'm contributing to the household and now we are completely self sufficient.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
betsy9023
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Good for you. I want to learn extreme couponing. I would save so much.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:09 AM

It took me a while but I finally found the best way for me.  I go to three different grocery stores a lot, but it's worth it :)

Quoting betsy9023: Good for you. I want to learn extreme couponing. I would save so much.

epuffer
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:09 AM

id love to do extreme couponing but now our grocery stores have limits

Annettey19
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Good for you!! :)

bcoll
by Brandi on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Granted I have only seen a handful of shows but those particular people didn't seem to be purchasing much of substance. Are there many (I know there are some) coupons for fresh meats and produce? Where do you find those? And congrats mama :) 

momto3B
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

That is amazing!!! Have you thought about finding a way to turn your skills into a job?? Can you third market, parts of your stockpile at a reduced rate to retail and help others on PA? Can you take a job with your local PA office to teach people to do the same? 

You have aquired great skills, put them to use!!

Many congratulations!!

betsy9023
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:13 AM
how did you do it? Did someone teach you?

Quoting Anonymous:

It took me a while but I finally found the best way for me.  I go to three different grocery stores a lot, but it's worth it :)

Quoting betsy9023: Good for you. I want to learn extreme couponing. I would save so much.

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

What is your meal plan for the week?

Fresh fruits, vegetables, meats?

Not trying to be Debbie Downer, but every time I see that show, they're buying crap food - processed, boxed, etc.

*Even* as a conservative, I would rather see someone collect food stamps than feed their family crap *just* to be off PA.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Congrats! Hopefully we'll be off soon too. I need to start couponing. Any suggestions?
Annettey19
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I think the TLC show ruined it. Stores caught on.

Quoting epuffer:

id love to do extreme couponing but now our grocery stores have limits

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured