Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes when kids tease they LIKE YOU!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Do you not remember talking shit with your friends? I know guys do it more than girls but we actually called one of my friends "Molive" and still do to this day because she looked identical to Olive Oil. She kind of ruined it with implants but that's not the point! Instead of going to the school or making a big deal every time, help your kid embrace their "flaws"
My friend embraced her nick name. Her Emily even includes Molive in it.

Nobody wants to hang out with a whiny tattle tale. The end
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Nowadays there are kids that are constantly taking it too far...resulting in kids shooting up schools and committing suicide. I don't think the teasing is innocent anymore.
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I love your post, and I was a victim of extreme bullying. There IS a difference between playfully teasing and being out right mean.

ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:28 AM
3 moms liked this
It stops being teasing and becomes bullying when the object of it isn't having fun.
LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Real friends wouldn't tormentsomeone.

jtsmommie0104
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Being teased isn't the problem it's when people are just plain mean and taunting and don't know when to stop. Me and DH still tease each other sometimes but it's all in good fun and it's playful not mean. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
It's one thing to be called Molive and another to be called a "whore" because you are prettier,better, or have qualities that other girls are jealous of.
Being called a nerd has changed to Being called a f*ggot.
Being called a tattle teller changed to being called a whiny b*tch.
Being called a Debbie downer has changed to being called a c*nt.
So no, teasing has become a whole new different thing and i rather not embrace my kids being called names.
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:32 AM
I agree with all the PPs.
conweis
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:33 AM

There is a difference between friends calling you something and random classmates. It also depends on the teasing. Sometimes it is cute other times it is vicious.
At the end of the day if a child does not like being called something other than his/her name then people should respect his/her wishes.

-PB
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:33 AM

I can honestly say I can't remember ever "taking shit" to a friend.  Just not the kind of friend that I am.  I must be the whiny type.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:33 AM
There is a difference in friendly teasing and tormenting someone. Perhaps if we taught our kids the difference there would not be so many people with hurt feelings or people taking everything so personally.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Real friends wouldn't tormentsomeone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)