Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of preemies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
So I'm 32 weeks pregnant and my doctor told me that they will be inducing if my blood pressure (pre eclampsia) gets any worse I'm already in the hospital but now completly freaking out!!!!!!

How far along we're you when you delivered?
Was your baby okay?
Any long term issues?

So so so freaking out right now
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Well, my son was barely a preemie. He was born at thirty six weeks. He didn't go to the NICU, but he did have to spend several hours in their transitional nursery, due to some breathing issues. He had fluid in his lungs. 

Other than that, he had jaundice. We were lucky with that though because we were able to take him home and keep him under the lights at our house. I had him late on a Friday night and we went home the following Monday morning. 

He will be five years old next month, and he is doing great! No delays or anything, he's also very smart.

Talk to your doctor and/or pediatrician about this, they will be able to reassure you. Most likely, your baby will be just fine. Hugs! I'll keep you in my thoughts, and hope that you can carry your baby longer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:32 AM
I had my son at 35 weeks. He was healthy. No problems.
TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:32 AM
I was induced twice because of pre e but I was further long (35 and 36wks) babies were 5lbs and 6lbs. No NICU time. Good luck
danie24
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this

My daughter was born at 28 weeks gestation.

She weighed just over 2 pounds.

She was very sick and almost died because her lungs weren't developed enough.

Thankfully, we have an amazing children's hospital and they saved her life. 

She left the hospital 3 months later (1 week after her due date) and has never had any health problems since then.

Today she is a beautiful, bright 8 year old girl :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Yea My son was extremely premature.  He was born at 26 weeks and was in the NICU for 2 months.  He was delivered by csection and now has severe delays along with profound autism.  He is also 10 and I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.  Chin up momma.  Regardless, it's gonna be fine.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:34 AM
34 weeks, 5lbs 2 oz. She was in the NICU for 48 hours only because that was hospital policy. She had no problems whatsoever. She was discharged 12 hours after I was. She met all of her milestones at her exact age.

Are your doctors going to use steroids to strengthen the baby's lungs? I was on an IV drip for 2 days before she was delivered.

It was one of the scariest things I've ever been through, but everything was perfect
2Gs
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Is it a girl?  32 weeks isn't so bad if you get the steriods for lung development.  Praying that you get a few more weeks.

2Gs
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:38 AM

I want to add that I know two adults that were born at 24 weeks.  Both have masters degrees and are highly  functioning. My cousin does look a little odd...but not awful, but my friend is beautiful and you would never guess she was severly premature.

shivasgirl
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:39 AM

my twins were 35 weekers, they were fine, no special care, no NICU, they were just small. They are 8 now and still a little smaller than their peers, but not much. NO developmental delays at all...just try to relax and keep baby in as long as possible. The more you worry about this, the higher your BP will be. Good Luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:40 AM

I had my little one at 33 weeks. He done great, weighted in at 5lb 4oz, he was in hospital for 5 weeks.

He took sick at 5 weeks old and we nearly lost him, so the only advice i could give you is to be wary of people holding your baby, especially children, they carry all sorts of germs, and this isn't me being paranoid, the hospital told me no kids in my home that doesn't need to be there.

Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)