Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wet bed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
My 9 year old crawled in bed with me during the night and he has SOAKED it!!! Not the first time it's happened.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:33 AM

I don't know what to say.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Me neither. I don't want to embarrass him but this has gotta stop

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I don't know what to say.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:40 AM

He's 8? It happens.  

gmoen1977
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:41 AM

unless he is physiclly behind he should be able to change himself in the middle of the night as well as the bed and put himself back to bed.

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

He is 8, it is completely normal for kids this age to still wet the bed.  It is beyond his control so what is embarassing him going to accomplish?  You think he wants to wet the bed?

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:43 AM
I wet the bed until well into puberty. I was just a realllllllly hevey sleeper.
withsecond
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Well, he didn't do it on purpose. Some kids do still wet the bed at that age. 

If he comes into your room, have him use the bathroom before he gets in bed with you. 

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:46 AM

when did you outgrow it?  DS is 13 and still does it.  meds haven't helped and an ultrasounds showed his bladder was ok.   he is a heavy sleeper too. he gets it honestly though, but i wasn't a bed wetter. i THINK his father was, but would never admit it.

Quoting ButterMeUp: I wet the bed until well into puberty. I was just a realllllllly hevey sleeper.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:51 AM
He's 9....I would never ridicule or embarrass him about it
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:51 AM
I wet the bed until I got my period. At that point I naturally slept much lighter. I have no idea when it might stop for him, sorry mama.

However, I can suggest you limit his water intake after about 7 and set him on an alarm. After a few months his body might adapt his normal internal clock to the wake up alarm.

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

when did you outgrow it?  DS is 13 and still does it.  meds haven't helped and an ultrasounds showed his bladder was ok.   he is a heavy sleeper too. he gets it honestly though, but i wasn't a bed wetter. i THINK his father was, but would never admit it.

Quoting ButterMeUp: I wet the bed until well into puberty. I was just a realllllllly hevey sleeper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)