Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Have A Carseat Question??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

my daughter is 23 months old. She weighs 25lbs.  And is 33" tall. We have had her in a rear facing car seat up until about 2 months ago, because she is super tall and her feet were squished up against the back of the backseat, and her legs were bent, so that is why we ended up turning her forward.

Now, I would love to keep her rear facing as long as possible, but it doesn't look like it's an option because of her legs.

Is there anything I can do about that?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UxorQuodMatris.
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Her legs will be just fine rear facing.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:02 AM

there is no reason she can't remain rear facing, she can fold her legs indian style, hang them over the sides of the arms or rest them against the seat

vegepunkstr
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Kids sit with their legs folded up most of the time anyways.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I was just worrie because her legs are literally squished, her knees are bent upward, and she fusses, and is so uncomfortable.

I want her to be safest as possible, I just don't know how to rear face her without her legs being bent up like this    ^  her legs look like this

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.: Her legs will be just fine rear facing.

.PinkHart.
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Her legs are fine. 33" is not too tall to rf.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:03 AM
My dd is over 2 and still rear facing...I'm the only one who wants her that way but I win. She bends her legs anyway. The hardest part lately is folding her into it but once she's in she's good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:03 AM

thank you all for your advice!

I was hoping to keep her rear-facing for longer. :)

As long as she won't get hurt or anything rear-facing.

JasonsMom2007
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Her legs are fine. My dd was taller than that when she turned ff. What seat does she have and is it reclined at all? If it's too upright it will give her less leg space.
flibbertygibbet
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:05 AM
I have to reinstall my car seat every couple weeks because ds pushes against the back of the seat.
It's a hassle but worth it in the long run
UxorQuodMatris.
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Have her sit crisscross applesauce (or Indian style, as it was once called lol).

Quoting Anonymous:

I was just worrie because her legs are literally squished, her knees are bent upward, and she fusses, and is so uncomfortable.

I want her to be safest as possible, I just don't know how to rear face her without her legs being bent up like this    ^  her legs look like this

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.: Her legs will be just fine rear facing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)