Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some advice..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
my 15 month old had the 24 hour stomach bug about 2 weeks ago and we did not give him milk for about a week after that since I know that can make it worse. now he has not been able to drink milk without getting diarrhea. I'm wondering if maybe he developed an allergy or if maybe the bug is still lingering. I'm just not sure. I made him a Dr appointment today but it is not until later I'm just looking to see if people have any input.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:19 AM

My LO cpuldn't drink cow milk until she was close to two. It gave her bad belly pain and loose stools. I would talk to her pedi and keep him off milk until you have a definitive answer.

AlanahsMommy623
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:30 AM
My DS recently had some kind of stomach virus that resembled the stomach flu thing going around but lasted for almost a week. After a visit to the hospital after he couldn't keep ANYTHING down where they told me he was dehydrated but otherwise ok and a follow up with his pedi the next day he finally got over it.

BUT my pedi told me that because of the virus his stomach might not be able to handle milk for awhile until he could get back to normal and if his diarrhea persists to switch to soy milk for a week or so. Just to give his little tummy a chance to fully heal.

Btw my son is a year I'd that helps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)