Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*edit* bullying in catholic school advice needed please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
So my cousins daughter (we'll call her Ann) is in a catholic school. She is in 6th or 7th grade. She only has 12 or so kids in her class. About half are girls. My cousin and Ann moved to this town about 2 years ago, which is when Ann started at this school.

The girls from day one have picked on and bullied Ann. My cousin has tried to talk to the parents of the other girls. They said she either needs to learn to take it or get out of the school. She has gone to the principle. The principle said 'it's part of life. She needs to learn to deal with it.'

What can my cousin do? She wants the abuse to stop, as this isn't the first child these girls have run off.

They live in Wisconsin.

*edit* cause I keep getting the same questions I'll put them here.

The only other option for school is the public school which has drug problems along with way worse bully issues. (Guns, knives, gangs, etc). She would home school, and is looking into it. She works full time though. Can't move away. Her fiancΓ© has to be in that area for his work though.

It is only verbal bullying, so far.

My cousin is poor. She is just now getting her act together, and has a decent paying job. The kids are saying she (the kid) will never be anything because she is poor. Also she has some sort of a condition that inhibits her growth. She is way shorter than her peers and probably won't grow much more between now and adult hood. So they consult call her may names due to her short stature.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Queenme101
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Their is a difference between " kids being kids and bullying " In this day and age I find it apalling that the school isn't taking this seriously. Has it ever gotten physical?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Not that I know of. But in recent weeks they have gotten more aggressive. To the point that Ann dropped out of basketball because they were harassing her.

Quoting Queenme101: Their is a difference between " kids being kids and bullying " In this day and age I find it apalling that the school isn't taking this seriously. Has it ever gotten physical?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

honestly. it'll depend on how far she wants to go for her daughter to be in that school. either file suit for harrassment and school negligence or pull her out of school.

has she been physically harmed? any internet abuse?

MamaCat1121
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:34 AM

report the school and involve the police

if the school won't do anything there has to be legal course of action towards the children or the parens

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Really? The principle of a Catholic school said that? I thought the point was to teach the kids how to be "christ like", not like the christians on TV lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Im not getting why the kid doesnt just have to get used to it, she will need to get used to it when she is an adult. Look at how some of the other moms treat each other on this site. Dealing with a bully and getting used to being bullied  should start being taught in our schools. This is real life they will need to be prepared for.

Queenme101
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:36 AM
If these girls have a history of this behavior and have actually ran off another student then this girls parent needs to go above and beyond the Principal. I would take it to the Superintendant and demand action be taken. Whats sad to me is that the parents aren't even willing to help the situation.

Quoting Anonymous: Not that I know of. But in recent weeks they have gotten more aggressive. To the point that Ann dropped out of basketball because they were harassing her.

Quoting Queenme101: Their is a difference between " kids being kids and bullying " In this day and age I find it apalling that the school isn't taking this seriously. Has it ever gotten physical?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:37 AM

If moving into another school is not an option, your cousin should start documenting each incident. She should also continue to contact the principle in writing as well as in person until the bullying is addressed.(paper trail is always a good idea). If principle isn't going to do anything then she should threaten legal action.  

Night_Roane
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Is there a reason she doesn't want to switch schools?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)