Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh you're sick? Why aren't you home!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:48 AM
  • 141 Replies

It's starting to bug me when sick people come to work. Isn't it common sense to stay home so you DON'T spread your nasty germs? It should be mandatory that companies have a rule to protect employees if they need to stay home. I know there are sick days but I don't think every company has them. 

Even my kids brought home a letter from school that stated...KEEP YOUR CHILD HOME IF THEY ARE FEELING SICK.  

What do you think?

Becoming a mother has made me into the woman I have always wanted to be.       

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:50 AM
9 moms liked this

I agree with you. However, some people are cornered. If they call in sick they can get fired. It's screwed up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:50 AM

I think it's probably not as simple as "stay home if you're sick".  No one WANTS to go to work if they are sick. Unrortunately, though, bills still have to be paid and money has to be made.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:50 AM
3 moms liked this

My paycheck would mean more than passing my germs.

That's the reality for too many people these days.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Um some cannot. Some companies dont offer sick time. Some people cannot afford time off. Sucks but just wash your hands
-PB
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:51 AM

I absolutely hate it when people do that. 

anitarichman
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:51 AM

People come to work sick where I work all the time, flu, colds whatever.  And they all have paid sick days, go figure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:51 AM

it depends...

My kid was told the flu is going around so every needs to make sure they are washing their hands really good.

He's six. So now, he thinks he is sick. He isn't sick, no sneezing, no cough, no fever.

Also not everyone can call into work and afford to miss those days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Well, when I used to work if I would have not come in every time I was sick they would have fired me. Sad but true. I had no choice unless I wanted to lose my job.
STVUstudent
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I wish people would stay home when they are sick.  I do... and I get no sick time.  SO... I understand why some poeple feel like they need to go to work when they are sick- they have no sick time, no vacation time... but still...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:52 AM
3 moms liked this
A lot of people save their sick days for their kids getting sick and don't have any left for themselves.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)